This is an excellent opportunity for you to be part of the online display advertising team at TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site that enables travelers to plan and book the perfect trip.
In this role, you get to work with a variety of brands and see how they leverage our platform and solutions to market their products and services, and you get to immerse yourself in the dynamic online display advertising space that offers constant learning opportunities. The Sales Planner plays an integral role in supporting and enabling the TripAdvisor CPM Media Sales team and works with Digital Agencies and Clients helping them to manage the digital campaign process.
To support the Sales Team in their day-to-day processes, the sales planner:
- Brainstorms recommendations and media strategies to fulfill campaign objectives.
- Obtains availability reports for pitches and bookings and make sales plans that require minimal modifications from Sales.
- Chases creative and provides specs to ensure that campaigns go live on time.
- Helps pull and manage delivery reports for clients on request.
- Escalates issues to management or to the Sales Team in a timely and relevant manner.
- Performs pre-sales research and supports the sales team in preparing for meetings, e.g. helping to put together PowerPoint presentations by gathering and collating data or news reports.
- Works with the Ad Operations team on campaign optimization as well as taking an active role in chasing creative to ensure campaigns start on time.
- Acts the go-to person for agencies and clients when they have operational questions. The planner also works as backup should a Senior Sales Exec be away.
- Has a desire for continuous improvement and is always on the lookout for information, developments and market news that might help the team sell more effectively.
- Attention to detail and experience managing operational tasks in a digital environment – at an agency/client/publisher- or at least one year experience in digital media.
- Logical thinker who can keep up with digital concepts and emerging ad formats.
- Excel skills with analytical ability preferred.
- DoubleClick experience preferred.
- A team player who can support and cover other team members in a proactive manner.
- Ability to work to a deadline, prioritizing workloads according to different criteria.
- A desire to perform in a fast-paced highly changing marketplace and be driven to meet and exceed the team’s expectations/demands.
- Fluent in one APAC language as well as English.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the digital industry at an agency, client, or publisher.
- The ideal candidate will have presentation skills and demonstrate the ability to put together coherent arguments and support these with relevant examples.
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint expertise are fundamental to this role as is numeracy.
- A familiarity and knowledge of digital media and the internet are preferred.