Based UK- Remote
Viator’s mission is to bring more wonder into the world. To bring extraordinary, unexpected, and forever-memorable experiences to more people, more often, wherever they’re traveling, wherever they are. In doing so, Viator elevates thousands of businesses, large and small, along the way.
With Viator, they’ve experienced the best of the world’s oldest cities, and rediscovered their hometowns through new eyes. They’ve faced their fears ziplining across the jungles of Costa Rica, hot air ballooning above Turkey’s Cappadocia, and trekking through the glaciers of New Zealand. Over wine-tasting and walking tours, they’ve reunited with family and friends after COVID-enforced separations.
We’re the largest marketplace of our kind: a single place where travelers can book more than 300,000 tours, experiences, and activities.
We’re used by millions of travelers to find everything from walking tours and wineries, to cooking classes and catamarans, to sailing and spelunking, to bus tours and breweries. Our hundreds of thousands of experiences are in nearly every country around the world. And our team is international, too. We have people in Singapore, Sydney, Oxford, London, Lisbon, Reykjavik, Boston, San Francisco, and more.
The Viator Platform product team is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Principal Product Manager to join the team on a mission to place Viator at the center of the Experiences ecosystem by solving the complex underlying problems of the industry by building unmatched capabilities and leveraging the exponential problem-solving power of an open ecosystem through robust APIs. You will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions and grow as a product management professional.
In this role you will work at the core part of our platform, developing capabilities in the areas such as booking management, logistics and/or inventory management. Rather than creating a singular offering for one group of customers you will focus on building an ecosystem that enables others to create exponential value.
What you will do
- Led key initiatives across a core area of the Viator platform such as booking management, logistics, and/or inventory management.
- Build new capabilities or optimize existing products to drive the business forward against established revenue and growth goals and ensure it’s done in a scalable and flexible way
- Build investment cases for your product in collaboration with product leadership
- Define success metrics, KPIs and monitor ongoing product performance, taking action where necessary to improve performance
- Set the delivery plan and roadmap for your product, prioritizing deliverables and activities for the team to best achieve the stated business outcomes
- Lead collaboration with engineering, marketing, legal, and other teams on cutting-edge technologies.
- Develop innovative solutions to complex problems by collaborating across regions, product areas, and functions.
- Partner with experience teams to expand our ecosystem through a set of robust APIs
What we’re looking for
- Expertise (The “What”)
- 3+ years as a Platform Product Manager (6+ years overall as a PM) working in a technology-heavy role, including crafting the vision and strategy for the platforms you built
- A successful track record of partnering with engineering teams to build large-scale API systems and frameworks, with a deep understanding of API technologies as well as technical governance (standards, compatibility, lifecycle management, monitoring)
- Confidence to participate in very technical discussions and to push back on engineering and others when appropriate; the ability to drive consensus and commit even when all parties don’t agree
- Experience breaking down and sequencing implementation of complex platform solutions into discrete milestones to demonstrate rapid value creation
- Experience measuring the impact of platform work, identifying sub-optimal decisions, and pivoting when necessary
- Undergraduate degree
- Collaborative Work Style (The “How”)
- Insatiable curiosity to understand the needs of customers (other Viator teams) and their customers (travelers and operators) by leveraging quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to engage with diverse viewpoints, manage competing stakeholder needs, identify opportunities, generate multiple solutions, articulate underlying assumptions, prioritize solutions, experiment, and de-risk
- Proven experience inspiring cross-functional teams to deliver innovative solutions
- Success communicating upward and outward about the bigger picture, trade-offs, and delivery timelines
- You raise the bar for other PM’s around you
- You strive for excellence, but crave feedback and acknowledge and examine your mistakes so that you are continuously learning
- Coding or software development experience
- Experience working in two-sided marketplaces
- Master’s degree in a technology or business related field.
- Expertise (The “What”)
If you need a reasonable accommodation or support during the application or the recruiting process due to a medical condition or disability, please reach out to your individual recruiter or send an email to AccessibleRecruiting@Tripadvisor.com and let us know the nature of your request . Please include the job requisition number in your message.