We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Tripadvisor is the largest travel site in the world, visited by over 463 million travelers each month. We have a fun and friendly environment where the key objective is getting things done. Our engineers are part of the full process from design, to code, to test, to deployment and back again for further iteration.
Tripadvisor Advertising and Partnerships Solutions (TAPS) team is responsible for building a suite of products that serve advertisers and enables them to market their business on the Tripadvisor site. As a self-starting and results-driven engineer, you will collaborate with the team’s Product Managers to bring key features to market.
Do you like building features end to end? Do you like working with a large number of technologies? Do you like moving quickly, releasing features daily, working with other smart and talented engineers? We trust our engineers to come up with, implement and take responsibility for their own designs. If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk to you.
What You'll Do:
- You will lead the development of large scale projects in support of our products across all layers of the stack.
- The code quality on your projects and the projects you lead.
- You will mentor more junior developers.
- You will actively provide design and code reviews to your peers, ensuring that team standards and best practices are adhered to.
- You will actively seek feedback from your peers and promote a collaborative and fast-paced engineering culture.
- You will positively influence the technical direction of your team.
Skills & Experience:
- At least 6 years’ experience of commercial software development.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong proficiency in Java and Object-Oriented programming.
- In-depth and hands-on knowledge of Java based microservice architecture, and relational databases.
- Experience with data pipelines and data warehouses (such as Hive and Snowflake)
- Experience working with GraphQL to query backend APIs.
- Passion to build a great product that makes you proud.
- Strong competencies in data structures and algorithms.
- Willingness and ability to take on new technologies.
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple solutions.
- Strong analytical skills and desire to write clean, correct and efficient code.
- High quality verbal and written communication skills.
- Sense of ownership, urgency and pride in your work.
- Reasonable understanding of building production quality software.
- Experience with AWS is a plus.
- Experience with common ad tech is a plus (such as CDPs, DMPs, and CMPs).
If you need a reasonable accommodation or support during the application or the recruiting process due to a medical condition or disability, please reach out to your individual recruiter or send an email to AccessibleRecruiting@Tripadvisor.com and let us know the nature of your request. Please include the job requisition number in your message.