About the job
Viator’s mission is to bring more wonder into the world. To bring extraordinary, unexpected, and forever-memorable experiences to more people, more often, wherever they’re traveling, wherever they are. In doing so, Viator elevates thousands of businesses, large and small, along the way.
With Viator, they’ve experienced the best of the world’s oldest cities, and rediscovered their hometowns through new eyes. They’ve faced their fears zip lining across the jungles of Costa Rica, hot air ballooning above Turkey’s Cappadocia, and trekking through the glaciers of New Zealand. Over wine-tasting and walking tours, they’ve reunited with family and friends after COVID-enforced separations.
We’re the largest marketplace of our kind: a single place where travellers can book more than 300,000 tours, experiences, and activities.
We’re used by millions of travellers to find everything from walking tours and wineries, to cooking classes and catamarans, to sailing and spelunking, to bus tours and breweries. Our hundreds of thousands of experiences are in nearly every country around the world. And our team is international, too. We have people in Singapore, Sydney, Oxford, London, Lisbon, Reykjavik, Boston, San Francisco, Krakow and more.
What you will do
The Viator Engineering Platform Team is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer with a blend of software engineering and systems engineering skills.
In this role you will be part of the Developer Experience (DevX) team working at the core part of our platform, ensuring developers have the right tools, processes, and environment to maximise productivity and create the greatest business value possible.
You will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions and grow as a senior software engineer.
Evangelise DevOps and DevX culture and lead the innovation across the wider engineering team.
Collaborate and work closely with product engineers and product owners to understand their context and co-design appropriate solutions which balance feature delivery and quality.
- 4+ years experience working as a software or systems engineer
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to write documentation and align internal team members
- Confidence to participate in technical discussions
- The ability to guide and mentor other members within the team and improve the way we collaborate, learn, and share ideas
- Experience with security tooling, automation, scripting, and CI/CD using open-source libraries, Gitlab and Terraform is a plus
- Experience working with a DevOps approach for delivery and operations of services
- Demonstrated experience developing AWS or other cloud native applications
- Scripting (shell or python) or object oriented language like Java
Nice to haves
- You've discovered innovative solutions to eliminate repetitive manual tasks and you're enthusiastic about sharing these with your team and assisting others
- Familiarity with security best practices and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) concepts
- Experience working with build tooling
- Docker or other containerisation, kubernetes cluster and orchestration
- SQL / NoSQL data stores
- Familiarity with web applications and HTTP servers
- Load balancers
- Observability expertise
- Desire to learn about new technologies and industry best practises, and to continuously improve
- Team player and someone who recognises the power of a group over individual
- A love of travel
What you'll get
- Highly competitive salary along with the following:
- Annual performance related bonus
- Generous stock (RSU) award upon joining, with additional awards annually
- Regular salary reviews and excellent career growth opportunities
- Very flexible working hours
- Free meals in the office
- Starting from 1104€ annual stipend for costs outside the office such as gym membership or home office set up
- Full family private healthcare and dental
- Excellent contributory pension
- Critical illness and full life cover
- Standard 22 days paid holiday (not including bank holidays)
- Holiday break during the last week of the year
- "Summer Fridays" scheme allowing extra days off during the summer
- Daily meal allowance of 8.80€ per working day
- Access to LinkedIn Learning platform
- 30 minute call with a recruiter to learn more about the role
- 30 minute technical interview with someone from the Viator Platform Engineering team
- Four one-hour interviews with members of the team, covering technical topics - including some coding - and what you would bring to Viator
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.