Associate Director of Programmatic & Ad Operations (Global)
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Tripadvisor, the world’s largest travel site, enables travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip. With 1 billion reviews and opinions covering the world’s largest section of travel listings worldwide, comprising 8.1 million accommodations, airlines, experiences, and restaurants. Tripadvisor branded sites are available in 49 markets, and are home to the world’s largest travel community of 490 million average monthly unique visitors, all looking to get the most out of every trip.
As the Associate Director of Programmatic & Ad Operations you will act as a centralized lead providing strategic and operational direction for the global Programmatic, Ad, and System Operations teams across all aspects of the sales cycle to enable various teams within the advertising organization.
You offer a unique ability to balance analytical thinking with big picture strategic decision making - someone who strives for excellence & innovation. You have leadership experience and know how to navigate challenging situations internally and externally to deliver success within your team and the peer set you work alongside to drive maximum revenue for the company. You will have the ability to question the effectiveness of current processes and procedures in order to drive change to increase the efficiency of the team and deliver a best-in-class Sales Ops team.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the global Programmatic, Ad, and System Operations managers & team providing guidance, coaching & mentorship, acting as a point of contact for escalations as needed
- Serve as the functional point of contact & subject matter expert across our ad operations, systems, and programmatic practices
- Lead the team to develop and evangelize process, expectations, best practices, and innovation within your functional remit
- Act as a strategic partner to key internal stakeholders (Sales, Sales Ops, Product, Biz Ops, Rev Ops, etc…) and external vendors to facilitate, manage and prioritize demands that help meet and exceed revenue targets & department goals
- Support day-to-day teams on key accounts and million dollar deals to ensure ultimate success and client satisfaction across all aspects of sales cycle
- Recruit, train, and develop a results oriented team of new team members, develop growth-pathing for current team members to support their longer-term career development
- Collaborate with internal parties on Sales Enablement materials and act as a key partner to the training & enablement team to ensure training materials map back to messaging and value props
- Operate seamlessly within in a complex organization across multiple Business Units
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 8+ years of digital advertising & ad tech experience within a publisher or tech platform; 6+ years of management experience including managing managers
- Must have hands-on experience and proficiency in ad ops & programmatic with a familiarity with ad management technologies & BI tools (GAM, Ad Verification, OMS, Tableau)
- Excellent communicator and collaborator; able to work with both technical and non-technical teams.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams across all levels including senior management.
- Ability to win the support of key stakeholders and drive influence across all levels (up, down, across) leveraging past experience as well as strong interpersonal, relationship-building, and leadership skills
- Familiarity with sales organizations and media terms
- Leading and inspiring team through change
The salary range for this role is $155,000 to $200,000. This is the lowest to highest salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in New York City. An employee’s pay position within the wage range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, performance, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs. This compensation range may also be modified in the future.
If you need a reasonable accommodation or support during the application or the recruiting process due to a medical condition or disability, please reach out to your individual recruiter or send an email to AccessibleRecruiting@Tripadvisor.com and let us know the nature of your request. Please include the job requisition number in your message.