We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
The Tripadvisor Data Science Team is looking for an exceptional experienced Senior Machine Learning Engineer to help lead the design and implementation of next generation systems to help our users discover, iterate, and execute on their travel plans. Our team is focused on recommendation, personalization, explanation, and enhanced user interaction across multiple business verticals including Tripadvisor Experiences, Accommodations, and Restaurants. As a Machine Learning Engineer working in this space, you will have the opportunity to apply your modeling and engineering skills to a number of different areas, with a particular focus on recommendations, generative AI, NLP, and system design.
Tripadvisor is the web's leading travel information site. At Tripadvisor, the Data Science and ML Team creates systems that influence the travel decisions of millions of people per day. It applies cutting edge machine learning techniques to a wide variety of areas, including recommenders, computer vision, and natural language processing. To ensure continued success, Tripadvisor promotes a culture of personal development, including social activities, journal clubs, memberships in online learning resources, and participation in industry conferences. Have a great time while shaping the future of travel!
Skills & Experience:
- PhD or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or related field preferred
- Strong software engineering skills
- Experience with Recommender Systems
- Experience with Natural Language Processing
- Strong background in machine learning and statistics
- Solid foundation on data structures and algorithms
- Proficiency in Python for numerical/statistical programming (our group relies heavily on Pandas/Numpy/Scikit-learn/PyTorch)
- Ability to write complex SQL queries
- Experience with big data technologies, such as Snowflake and Spark
- Knowledge of AB test design and analysis
- Track record of leading the deployment and maintenance of models
- At least 3 years of relevant, practical experience
- Experience with LLM prompt engineering
- Experience with online businesses.
What You'll Do:
- Seek out new opportunities to apply data science and machine learning to the business (e.g., personalized recommendations, NLP, customer modeling) across all channels (e.g., Web, email, paid marketing)
- Work with other teams in solving problems and identifying opportunities
- Lead the design of machine learning models to solve a variety of core business problems in customer acquisition, retention, and reactivation
- Automate ETL pipelines
- Prototype, evaluate, deploy and maintain new models in production
- Design AB tests and analyze their results
- Discover new ways to analyze and interpret the data
- Communicate progress and interpretation of experimental results to technical and business stakeholders
- Lead the determination of next steps for each project.
The salary range for this role is $170,000 to $220,000. This is the lowest to highest salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. An employee’s pay position within the wage range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs. This compensation range may also be modified in the future.
This job is also eligible for bonus pay. We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, and tuition reimbursement to eligible employees.
If you need a reasonable accommodation or support during the application or the recruiting process due to a medical condition or disability, please reach out to your individual recruiter or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and let us know the nature of your request.