Viator is a Tripadvisor company that makes it easy to find and book something you'll love to do. With an industry-leading selection of high-quality experiences, Viator gives millions of travellers a month something new to discover, both near and far from home.
We believe that we are better together, and we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people-powered platform. At Viator, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionise travel and together find the good out there.
The Senior Principal Program Manager at Viator is a lynchpin role responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of the highest impact product initiatives spanning across teams and regions. This includes end-to-end program management from coordinating with cross-functional teams to define scope and dependencies to ensure that deliverables meet quality and customer expectations to actively managing up to the Exec team. The ideal candidate is comfortable with ambiguity, creating shape where little exists, and influencing across functions and cultures. It’s a challenging role, but a highly impactful and rewarding one for the right person.
The role resides in Viators Technology Organization and works with Product Management, UX Design, UX Research, and Product Analytics functions to influence product roadmap priority and guide delivery across the product and engineering teams. Ensuring timely and accurate product delivery, working with engineering functions such as Architecture, Design, Application Development, Testing, and Infrastructure coordination.
What you will do:
- Support Scoping and Delivery of Cross-Platform Initiatives
- Manage the flow of work through the program backlog and ensure alignment with strategic objectives
- Act as a key point of contact for Product & Technology organization; liaise with the product & tech Leads to review product/tech priorities and roadmaps and identify activities that need to be delivered by the group
- Responsible for overall quality and timely/accurate delivery (scope, budget etc.) of roadmap initiatives
- Guide the cross-functional team to resolve issues related to the overall scope and delivery expectations set by the organization; Ensure availability of all tools/resources required for delivery of Services
- Identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement; lead the development of business cases as required for future initiatives
- Manage day-to-day activities of team members in a matrix structure as needed to support delivery timelines
- Establish Program Management Best Practices across R&D Teams
- Responsible for the development of standards for the product & technology group (e.g., Architecture, Application development methodology)
- Approve standards by reviewing newly created standards against overall Viator standards; Ensure adherence to standards defined through internal governance and escalation processes
- Participate in governance council meetings to review product concepts, architecture, standards, metrics and adherence issues; work closely with the team to resolve all adherence issues
- Work closely with product and engineering Leads to provide metrics as required for senior management reporting; manage deviations through escalation channels as needed
What you will need:
- 8-12 years of experience in similar roles in a marketplace, e-commerce, or SaaS organization in a complex and distributed environment
- Extensive experience collaborating with product management, information, and application architects and infrastructure engineers to identify, design, and implement highly complex, end-to-end solutions
- Significant leadership, change management and relationship-building skills
- Ability to build partnerships with senior leaders to collaborate and drive change
- Experience as a proven and respected leader with the ability to dynamically lead local and distributed teams
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Agile, DevOps and iterative models
- Appreciation of technologies like Java, React, microservices architecture, public cloud platforms (AWS, GCP) and tools like GitHub
- Knowledge of Program and Project Management. PMI/PMP, SAFe certification
What you will get:
Highly competitive salary along with the following:
- Annual performance related bonus
- Generous stock (RSU) award upon joining, with additional awards annually
- Regular salary reviews and excellent career growth opportunities
- Very flexible working hours
- Free meals in the office
- Full family private healthcare and dental
- Excellent contributory pension
- Critical illness and full life cover
- Standard 25 days paid holiday (not including bank holidays), increasing with tenure
- £1050 annual stipend for costs outside the office such as gym membership or home office set up
- Summer Fridays” scheme allowing extra days off during the summer
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.