Viator is a Tripadvisor company that makes it easy to find and book something you'll love to do. With an industry leading selection of high-quality experiences, Viator gives millions of travellers a month something new to discover, both near and far from home.
We believe that we are better together, and at Viator we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Viator, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
The Viator Engineering team is distributed across Europe and Australia and is responsible for Viator.com, the Viator mobile apps and all their supporting infrastructure. We’re looking for an experienced Salesforce Engineer to join our top in class engineering team based from our Oxford office in a hybrid working model - a role that could become a tech lead position in the near future.
We take customer service seriously, which means our salesforce platform is a highly valued tool in the company, and we have an incredibly high performing team working on it. Take this rare opportunity to make a significant and lasting impact on the company!
What you’ll do
- Work with engineers, product managers and stakeholders to design and deliver solutions for customer service and sales teams in a fast paced environment.
- Deliver technical led initiatives independently to support the platform
- Identify scope of improvement on existing features/processes and come up with a plan to fix those
- Communicate effectively with team members, business stakeholders and understand business requirements
- Mentor junior team members on the team
- Actively participate in design discussions and provide suggestions
- Opportunity to travel with the role
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has at least 4 years of experience as a Software Engineer on the Salesforce platform.
- Has strong knowledge of the Salesforce platform’s declarative and programmatic capabilities.
- Is familiar with Enterprise Design Patterns and best practices.
- Has a solid understanding of Salesforce-specific development complexities, including governor and rolling limits, order of execution and version control.
- Has experience with both the Classic and Lightning platforms; knowledge of the different capabilities and requirements of both platforms
- Has expertise and industry experience working with Salesforce development including Apex, SOQL, SOSL and Rest/SOAP/GraphQL Integration
- Has experience with setting up Salesforce deployment pipelines and CI/CD practises
- Has a Salesforce Admin, Platform Developer 1 / Platform Developer 2 / Salesforce Service Cloud Certification
- Has good knowledge of Salesforce integration capabilities
- Has understanding of software development fundamentals - testability, performance, simplicity - and values clean code.
- Has passion for working within a distributed team and the ability to work more autonomously when required.
- Has a proven ability to learn a business domain and apply this knowledge to the solutions they produce
What you’ll get
Highly competitive salary along with the following
- Annual performance related bonus
- Generous stock (RSU) award upon joining, with additional awards annually
- Flexible working hours & hybrid working, with a minimum of 1 day per week in the Oxford of Lisbon office
- Free meals in the office
- Full family private healthcare and dental
- Excellent contributory pension
- Critical illness and full life cover
- Standard 28 days paid holiday (not including bank holidays), increasing with tenure
- £1050 annual stipend for costs outside the office such as gym membership or home office set up
- “Summer Fridays” scheme allowing extra days off during the summer