Viator is a Tripadvisor company that makes it easy to find and book something you'll love to do. With an industry leading selection of high-quality experiences, Viator gives millions of travellers a month something new to discover, both near and far from home.
We believe that we are better together, and at Viator we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Viator, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionise travel and together find the good out there.
Viator’s MarTech and Customer Data Platform Engineering & Operations team creates and maintains the tooling used to bring millions of visitors to viator.com every month. The team owns all Marketing data from end-to-end, including data ingestion, transformation, visualization, and data architecture to ensure best-in-class operational reliability and modularity. The team is looking for a new Data Engineer to support Viator’s growing traffic and deliver start-of-the-art MarTech solutions. This role is based in our Oxford or Lisbon office.
What you'll do:
- Implement modern, data pipelines for marketing data.
- Monitor data pipelines for accuracy, missing data, enhancements, changes, SLA, and billing volumes to ensure all data is captured and processed accurately and when needed.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders in defining and documenting requirements for building high quality and impactful data products.
- Reconcile data issues and alerts between various systems, finding opportunities to innovate and drive improvements.
- Lead the evaluation, implementation and deployment of emerging tools and technologies to improve our productivity as a team.
- Develop and deliver communication and education plans on data engineering capabilities, standards, and processes.
- Code, test, and document new or modified data systems to create robust and scalable applications for reporting and data analytics.
- Own and document data pipelines, monitoring, data accuracy, SLAs and data lineage.
What you'll need:
- 3+ years of Data Engineering experience focused on Data Modeling, Data Architecture and Developing modern data pipelines and applications for reporting and analytics.
- Strong Java Experience.
- Strong experience in SQL; can write complex, performant, fail-safe queries.
- Experience with Restful APIs.
- Experienced with setting up end to end data pipelines in an enterprise environment.
- Hands-on with Cloud computing technology like Google Cloud, AWS, etc.
- Experience in Looker, Tableau, or similar visualization / business intelligence platform.
- Ability to effectively operate both independently and as part of a team.
- Self-motivated with strong problem-solving and self-learning skills.
- MarTech Knowledge is a plus.
- Experience in working with marketing data is a huge plus.
- Understanding of link tracking, pixels/tags, Google Analytics, and marketing attribution.
- Cloud computing experience
- Exposure to DBT or DataForm.
- Exposure to Apache Airflow or other DAG frameworks is nice to have.
- Experience with CI/CD processes and platforms.
- E-commerce, or startup experience is a plus.
What you’ll get
- Highly competitive salary along with the following
- Annual performance related bonus
- Generous stock (RSU) award upon joining, with additional awards annually
- Regular salary reviews and excellent career growth opportunities
- Very flexible working hours
- Free meals in the office
- Full family private healthcare and dental
- Excellent contributory pension
- Critical illness and full life cover
- Standard 28 days paid holiday (not including bank holidays), increasing with tenure
- £1050 annual stipend for costs outside the office such as gym membership or home office set up
- “Summer Fridays” scheme allowing extra days off during the summer