Associate Sales Planner, Americas
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tripadvisor is looking for a smart, enthusiastic, and motivated Associate Sales Planner to join the Tripadvisor family to manage and develop our Key Account partnerships in Americas. The Associate Sales Planner will play an integral role developing strategic media plans based on a client’s goals and objectives while ensuring business rules and pricing are adhered to and all revenue associated with the program can be fulfilled and recognized. This position will offer the right person a great opportunity to work in a collaborative team environment and help support our growing media business.
Tripadvisor, the world’s largest travel site, enables travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip. With 1 billion reviews and opinions covering the world’s largest section of travel listings worldwide, comprised of 8.1 million accommodations, airlines, experiences, and restaurants. Tripadvisor branded sites are available in 49 markets, and are home to the world’s largest travel community of 490 million average monthly unique visitors, all looking to get the most out of every trip.
We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the travel business in an energetic, dynamic and international work environment focused on innovation, creative problem-solving and collaboration.
Reporting to the Sales Planning Manager, the Associate Sales Planner is responsible for the following critical tasks:
- Provide best in class service and solutions
- Collaborate with Sales and Account Managers to understand their client’s objectives and needs in order to develop strategic media plans
- Maintain and ensure business rules and rates are adhered to while actively presenting solutions when client needs may conflict and require otherwise
- Build comprehensive media plans within our order management system, working to reserve and book inventory
- Generate insertion orders and manage final bookings
- Track delivery pacing on a weekly basis for all campaigns and implement proactive optimizations to ensure all revenue can be recognized and invoiced
- With guidance from Account Manager, work in order management system to revise and optimize live campaigns for delivery, performance, and other client objectives.
- Responsible for client monthly Billing Reconciliation in addition to working with the Tripadvisor Accounting Department to resolve billing issues and generate timely invoices.
- Collaborate alongside Marketing Solutions counterparts to design strategic custom content media plans while maintaining profit margins
- Bachelor’s Degree with 1-2 years minimum professional experience in digital media at an agency/client/publisher prefer in an Sales Planner or Client Services role
- Understands digital concepts and is up to date on emerging ad formats
- Consistent and proven track record in successfully developing strategic media plans in a B2B environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams across all levels including management
- Proficient in Excel and GSuite with an analytical ability is preferred
- Systems knowledge with Sales Tech and Digital Platforms (Salesforce, OMS, DFP, Moat, DoubleVerify, IAS etc.)
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Proficient attention to detail with a high level of organizational skills & communication skills
- Experience managing complex tasks in a digital environment with a strategic lens
- Flexible and open to change and new information, changing processes, client direction; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment
- Ability to work with cross functional teams toward the common goal of driving revenue & client satisfaction
- Positive attitude and treats colleagues with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Team player with the ability to manage up and across
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Identifies and analyzes problems and is comfortable working under pressure to meet deadlines; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication (written and oral) through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Acts as an owner navigating internal materials with little to no supervision; Able to surface solutions in addition to questions
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
- A desire to perform in a fast-paced highly changing marketplace and be driven to meet and exceed the team’s expectations/demands
The hourly wage range for this role is $45,000 to $70,000. This is the lowest to highest hourly wage we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in New York City. An employee’s pay position within the wage range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, performance, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs. This compensation range may also be modified in the future.