We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Tripadvisor is hiring an experienced Senior SEO Specialist for our Cruise Critic site, the world’s largest cruise reviews website and a subsidiary of Tripadvisor, Inc. This is a high-impact and highly visible role within the Cruise Critic organization and reports directing to the Head of Marketing. The ideal candidate analyzes data to identify new opportunities at scale, influences change, and has a strong understanding of content marketing. This role will require collaborating with sales, product, engineering, and design to execute new initiatives and ensure a best-in-class experience for consumers and partners.
- Develop, test, and drive the SEO strategies for cruisecritic.com and all international points of sale.
- Ownership of all SEO programs and associated KPIs.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with partners in Product, Tech, Editorial, Marketing, Sales, and SEO to develop, execute, and iterate on campaigns to support traffic and revenue growth.
- Establish organization-wide SEO best practices, guidelines and objectives for other teams to adhere to.
- Partner with engineering and product to improve our SEO technology, identifying tools, requirements, and systems and reporting needed.
- Generate new ideas for content - then develop and work with the Editorial team for execution.
- Collaborate monthly with other SEOs within TripAdvisor to create new test ideas for all sites.
- Conduct competitive research to shape strategy and make effective decisions.
- Determine, monitor, and report on all Organic channel KPIs. Apply any data-driven insights to optimize each channel strategy accordingly.
- 5+ years relevant in-house SEO and/or online marketing experience showing upward growth
- In-depth understanding of key SEO and digital marketing metrics, and recognize how they impact the business
- Demonstrated track record of developing SEO programs that drive measurable audience growth and user engagement across multiple social channels, and contribute to wider marketing strategies and initiatives
- Deep understanding of web analytics software and keyword research; able to translate data insights into optimized, strategic, and compelling strategies
- Deliver SEO campaigns, from strategy and planning through execution to monitoring, reporting, analysis, and optimization
- Be a collaborative, cross-functional team player and comfortable partnering with variety of teams
- Comfortably negotiate and persuade others across the company to resolve conflicts in the best interest priorities and goals
- Polished communication skills; able to present SEO topics and strategies to other departments
- Strong attention to detail and can QA at scale
- Be able to toggle between strategic and tactical modes of operating
- Be at home in a fast paced, constantly evolving, dynamic environment
- Possess up-to-date knowledge and maintains current SEO practices and digital marketing trends
At Cruise Critic, we have built an open & collaborative environment and we hire the people we want to work with (not just the ones with the right qualifications), but who also think differently and challenge the status quo. We empower people, giving the support and autonomy needed to succeed. We embrace data to make decisions and overcome obstacles. We choose speed over perfection, but not at the expense of quality. We do what we do well, but we’re always looking to make it better. Let us know if you’d like to help.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.