The Director of Product Management (Customer and Content Operations) is a leadership position reporting directly to the VP, Tripadvisor Customer and Content Operations and will have frequent and significant exposure to the senior leadership across the TripAdvisor businesses. As Director of Product Management you will be an integral part of the management team shaping the strategy for Tripadvisor’s Global Customer centric operations. You will be responsible for the global product, and project management function across multiple brands within the Customer Support and Content Moderation organizations, ensuring they are effectively and efficiently executed. This role will be responsible for building and managing customer centric solutions for various Tripadvisor business units i.e., Vacation Rentals, Core Tripadvisor, Single Platform, Reviews, Listings & Community.
The Director of Product Management is a cross-functional role that will collaborate with the other Product Line Directors to efficiently produce road maps, product planning, prioritization, and an overall agile product development process. You will own and drive the product strategy and project pipeline for the Customer and Content organizations leveraging customer insights and analytics.
The role is also tasked with conducting relevant product research; establishing competitive intelligence and various market analyses to identify opportunities to improve operating efficiencies. The Director of Product Management will also use consumer feedback and research to improve the customer experience and determine future customer product needs.
- Develop and manage the project & product pipeline, including OKRs, for the Customer Support & Content organizations.
- Collaborate with other Product line Directors to translate business requirements into operational processes
- Define customer help approach and strategy for customer touch points across Tripadvisor site and support channels
- Leverage AI and Machine Learning tools & applications to improve automation and accuracy for user generated content as well as customer help tools like chat/chat-bots
- Responsible for managing and maintain Tripadvisor Help Centre
- Identify opportunities to improve self-service and automation and reduce incoming customer demand with the aim of making Tripadvisor easy to do business with, across B2B & B2C customers.
- Work with the Customer Support and Content Management team and develop business cases for key projects and prioritization
- Manage Product & Analytics team of customer support & Content and collaborate with the internal stakeholders for pipeline prioritisation.
Essential Requirements for the role include:
- Previous experience at a Product Director level managing a Product Pipeline.
- At least 8 years of experience in product and/or project management in an e-commerce environment.
- A proven track record in product planning as well as defining and launching successful products.
- Good understanding of AI/Machine learning technologies & solutions in the customer service space
- Excellent communication skills and experience at production documentation/decks to support product investments.
- The ability to create diverse and complex information, data refined strategies, solutions and workflows.
- Solid technical background with an understanding of software development and web technologies.
- Willing to work in a global environment with teams and stakeholders spread across multiple geographies.
- At least 5+ years of experience in people management in a fast-paced matrix environment
- Experience with relevant applications including:
- Web-based content management Systems
- Exposure to multi-channel operations i.e. voice support, email, chat, chat-bot etc.
- CRM/Customer Support Tools specifically Salesforce
- Data Warehouse(s) (Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Microsoft SQLServer)