TheFork, part of Tripadvisor group, is the leading online restaurants booking platform in Europe and Australia. We are present in +12 countries with 60 000 partners restaurants in a mission to bring happiness through amazing dining experiences. Creator of a unique model that has disrupted the restaurant industry, we put innovation at the heart of our ambitious growth.
Thanks to TheFork (app/web), millions of diners can easily discover, book and pay the right restaurant at the right price, and thousands of restaurants owners benefits from our solutions to optimise reservation management, streamline operations and ultimately improve service and boost revenue.
What we do in Legal:
The Global Legal Team at TheFork is here to unlock business opportunities by empowering TheFork leaders to take informed business decisions and reasonable risks in every Country where diners and Restaurant owners meet for amazing dining experiences. Our Team is growing internationally and we don’t lose our soul and goal: we strive to provide our business clients with concise, effective and down-to-earth legal advice, we are ahead of the curve in understanding the regulatory, commercial and compliance requirements, now and in the foreseeable future.
What you’ll do:
TheFork is recruiting a Sr. Counsel for its global legal team, providing legal advice to all Countries where TheFork operates in the World, with a particular focus on key areas of the business and law. When taking on this role, you will become a trusted advisor to local leaders within TheFork Leadership and Executive teams, providing advice on a variety of matters particularly linked to Regulatory, Product and Litigation. Additional areas of law and of our business such as Compliance, Privacy, Corporate may fall into your remit depending on the company evolution. You will work as an integral part of TheFork global legal team and will report to our Global Head of Legal. Particularly, we foresee you to be active in the following areas, but be ready to be flexible as in Tech, business priority may change and we count on your flexibility and agility to adapt to the most current needs of our clients:
- Provide legal support to the TheFork Group Product team, developing current suite of TheFork Services and its future iterations;
- Respond to regulatory scrutiny and support our Government Relations efforts along with the Tripadvisor Government Relations Team and the Global Head of Legal at TheFork;
- Be the escalation point of users’ and partners’ complaints and manage pre-litigation and litigation matter in partnership with the Tripadvisor litigation team
- Oversight TheFork compliance efforts in partnership with Tripadvisor, including Privacy reviews and strategic advice;
- Be an enabler, move from “no” to a “yes, but” attitude;
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations in Spain, Portugal and beyond, directly or through savvy use of outside counsels;
- Provide strategic legal and business advice to help develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to legal issues/risks;
- Administration and resolution of legal issues, pre-litigation & litigation disputes.
- Work closely with other lawyers in the TheFork and Tripadvisor’s wider Legal team, both in Europe and in the US;
- Engage and manage outside counsel;
What we are looking for?
- 8+ years of experience, preferably with both law firm and in-house corporate experience, with experience in handling intellectual property, advertising, marketing, privacy, and analytics-related matters.
- Qualified to practice in EU preferred;
- Fluent in English as professional business language; German, French or Italian also a plus as we are a global team ready to support one another in key geographies where TheFork is available to businesses and consumers;
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-tasking, prioritize and follow-through on numerous projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
- Self-starter and able to work well independently and as part of a team, with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively frame issues to drive analysis and execution.
- Excellent business judgment and strategic thinking.