Viator, a Tripadvisor company, is the biggest marketplace for experiences in the travel industry. We have more than 300,000 bookable products in almost every country on the planet, and are helping millions of travellers every month to discover things to do.
We believe that we are better together, and at Viator we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Viator, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionise travel.
The Viator Traveller Engineering team is distributed across Europe and is responsible for viator.com, the Viator mobile apps and all their supporting infrastructure.
We’re looking for Software Engineers with Android development experience to join our Viator team, working in a hybrid-working model based out of our Oxford or Lisbon offices.
Within Viator we have a fun and friendly environment where the key objective is getting things done. Our engineers take part in the full process from design, to code, to test, to deployment and back again for further iteration.
Our tech stack includes Kotlin, Coroutines, Jetpack Compose and GraphQL in a modular layout that follows the clean-architecture concept with MVVM.
Would you like to build features end to end? Would you enjoy working with a large number of technologies? Do you like moving quickly, releasing features daily, working with other smart and talented engineers? If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk to you.
What you will do
- Code! Our engineers focus on doing what they enjoy most and do best, writing code
- Touch code at every level – while the focus is app development, you’ll also have opportunities to work on backend microservices
- Lead feature specification by collaborating closely with product and design teams
- Take responsibility for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, development experience, QA and maintenance
- Work alongside other engineering groups located around the world
- Mentor team members to help them grow as engineers
What we’re looking for
- Experience of developing an Android app and familiarity with mobile web and back-end technologies would be beneficial
- At least 5 years’ experience of commercial software development, solving different kinds of technical problems
- Willingness and ability to take on new technologies
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple solutions
- High quality verbal and written communication skills
- Sense of ownership and pride in your work
What you will get
Highly competitive salary along with the following:
- Annual performance related bonus
- Generous stock (RSU) award upon joining, with additional awards annually
- Regular salary reviews and excellent career growth opportunities
- Flexible working hours & hybrid working, with a minimum of 1 day per week in the Oxford of Lisbon office
- Free meals in the office
- Full family private healthcare and dental
- Excellent contributory pension
- Critical illness and full life cover
- Standard 25 days paid holiday (not including bank holidays), increasing with tenure
- £1050 annual stipend for costs outside the office such as gym membership or home office set up
- “Summer Fridays” scheme allowing extra days off during the summer
- 30 minute call with a recruiter to learn more about the role
- 45 minute technical interview with someone from the Viator Engineering team
- Three one-hour interviews with members of the team, covering technical topics - including some coding - and what you would bring to Viator
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.