We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
The Experiences Engineering Team helps users find great places and experiences on Tripadvisor. We develop and operate software that directly impacts end users. We work closely with product and design team members in a fast paced environment. We collaborate on UX and product design, machine learning and data science, product testing and analysis, development and operations, search engine optimization and marketing. We work on a variety of technology stacks that make up the Tripadvisor website. There is always a lot to learn and do!
The Experiences Team at Tripadvisor is committed to helping travelers make the most of their trips, especially the attractions and activities along the way. Our team is in need of a technical manager who gets excited about technology and travel to help transform the Tripadvisor website, modernize our architecture and grow our well established Experiences business.
What you’ll do:
In this role you will manage a single small to medium-sized team (~4-8 engineers). You will be responsible for administering an agile process to manage your team’s work. You will encourage iteration and breaking down complex projects into smaller discrete parts. You will champion software engineering best practices and coach your tech leads and individual contributors on how they can improve their craft and ultimately their career. As a seasoned engineering leader, you are capable of stepping into the shoes of a technical lead, comfortable discussing design and architecture tradeoffs. You may even contribute code when time and necessity permits. You will foster a productive, collaborative, and results-driven culture on your team.
- Lead an engineering team as part of a larger organization
- Champion effective Agile development processes
- Mentor software engineers to help them develop their software design and development skills
- Track industry trends yet be pragmatic when introducing new technology
- Show leadership as a hands-on developer in multiple layers of the software stack
- Show a sense of ownership and pride in your role as a leader and make us believe you will excel
- Manage a team towards long-term goals while delivering new capabilities daily
- Work with everyone from engineers to product owners to C-level executives to help communicate, prioritize, influence and inform key product decisions.
What we are looking for?
- You have a BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- You bring 5-7 years of experience as a Senior / Software Engineer, including 0-2 years as a manager of Software Engineers
- You have been successful in hiring, mentoring, and growing engineers
- You have consistently exceeded expectations throughout your career, and you can describe specific activities and projects that demonstrate this behavior
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.