We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Get into the Driver’s Seat For Your New Adventure
Imagine the impact you could have on the thousands of vacations booked every day at Tripadvisor. Tripadvisor is the largest travel site in the world with hundreds of millions of unique visitors on a monthly basis and hundreds of millions of user reviews.
Ownership over your work and your impact forms the foundation for everything we do. Our engineers participate in every aspect of improving traveler’s experiences from initial ideas, code, testing, test analysis and further iteration. From beginning to end of your projects you will have opportunities to work with world-class experts in SEO/SEM, usability, marketing, product research and will touch every level of the code base. More senior engineers at TA have an outsized impact on the organization.
Full stack at Tripadvisor means deep participation in web framework development, highly automated testing, analytics and data science on our massive quantity of data. We optimize the site with an iterative, data-driven approach.
As a Software Engineer at Tripadvisor, you will provide technical leadership across your team and across the engineering organization as a whole. Like our product development, the opportunity to impact the engineering organization is critical to the success of Tripadvisor.
What you will do:
- Take on projects with independence and a mandate to leave things better than you found them.
- Participate in the planning and initial steps for key changes on the site with cross discipline teams.
- Be pragmatic when solving problems with a deep understanding of the purpose and goal of your work.
- Touch code at all levels, front end to back end, whatever is required to complete your project.
- Be integral for the code quality on your team through leadership in design and code review.
- Be a mentor for others on the team.
- Help bring the team's technical knowledge and solutions to the engineering organization via tech talks and design reviews.
- 2+ years of experience as a professional engineer.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Prior experience on executing self driven projects successfully
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO design
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.