We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Tripadvisor is the largest travel site in the world, visited by over 463 million travelers each month. We have a fun and friendly environment where the key objective is getting things done. Our engineers are part of the full process from design, to code, to test, to deployment and back again for further iteration.
Tripadvisor advertising and partnerships solutions (TAPS) team is responsible for building a suite of products that serve advertisers and enable them to market their business on the Tripadvisor site. As a self-starting and results-driven engineer, you will collaborate with the team’s Product Managers to bring key features to market.
Do you like building features end to end? Do you like working with a large number of technologies? Do you like moving quickly, releasing features daily, working with other smart and talented engineers? We trust our engineers to come up with, implement and take responsibility for their own designs. If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk to you.
As a Senior Software Engineer (SSE), you will lead the development of large scale projects in support of our products across all layers of the stack. You will be responsible for the code quality on your projects and the projects you lead. You will mentor more junior developers. As a SSE, you will actively provide design and code reviews to your peers, ensuring that team standards and best practices are adhered to. Similarly, you will actively seek feedback from your peers and promote a collaborative and fast-paced engineering culture. You will positively influence the technical direction of your team.
What we’re looking for
- At least 6 years’ experience of commercial software development.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles.
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript.
- Experience working with GraphQL to query backend APIs.
- In-depth and hands-on knowledge of Java based microservice architecture, and relational databases.
- Passion to build a great product that makes you proud
- Strong competencies in data structures and algorithms
- Willingness and ability to take on new technologies.
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple solutions.
- Strong analytical skills and desire to write clean, correct and efficient code.
- High quality verbal and written communication skills.
- Sense of ownership, urgency and pride in your work.
- Reasonable understanding of building production quality software.
- Team leading experience is a plus.
- Experience with AWS is a plus.
What you’ll get
- Highly competitive salary along with the following
- Annual bonus
- Generous Stock Award upon joining
- Additional stock awarded annually
- Excellent contributory pension
- Full family private medical cover
- Full dental cover
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible summer working schedule
- Time off between Christmas and New Year (on us!)
- Annual travel and wellbeing allowance ($1000+)
- Critical illness plus full life cover
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance program.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.