We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
TripAdvisor is the world’s largest online travel site, visited by 390 million travellers each month, and our business – Viator – is a fascinating and ever-evolving part of the organization.
What we do in Data Science:
At Viator, the only thing we love more than travel is data. We slice it, we dice it, and we use it to empower our decision making. In fact, most would be surprised at just how many people in our office can write their own SQL queries.
The Experiences Analytics Team is seeking a Principal Data Analyst for Brand and Content who has the analytical and leadership skills, as well as, business experience to support numerous end-users from an analytics and measurement perspective, driving out insight to influence valuable change; and is looking to join a fast-growing all-star team dedicated to providing the highest quality data-driven insights.
What you’ll do:
We are seeking a Principal Data Analyst - Brand and Content, who has the analytical skills and business knowledge to play an integral role within the marketing organization and is looking to join a fast-growing world-class team dedicated to providing the highest quality data-driven insights.
While reporting into Analytics, you will be solely responsible for supporting the Brand + Content team with their various needs around reporting of content across social media, on-site content implementations and off-site/paid tactics.
- Track campaigns and segment the customer base, as well as identify market trends and monitor competitors.
- Lead the creation of a tracking and measurement system for brand and content across the business, defining the right analytical approach and working with engineers to implement change.
- Define, measure and evaluate relevant paid media KPIs, helping the business to push the paid media agency for the right reporting.
- Work closely with the media agency analytics team to develop and implement best-in-class ways of measuring the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Lead Brand and Content analysis focused on developing the capability to translate data into actionable insights that will improve performance.
- Provide timely insights and analytical support to different internal stakeholders to support effective business decision-making.
- Proactively seek out opportunities hidden in our or industry data. Articulate your findings into suggested actions for the performance marketing and/or other teams.
- Identify key success indicators and determine best practices for measurement and reporting. Own and automate reporting tools.
- Assist with ad hoc queries and provide analytical support to our fast-growing business as it evolves.
- Be the go-to person for brand and content insights, be closer to the data than anyone else in the company.
- Provide a vital link in the strategy-execution-analysis chain to ensure we move quickly and stay ahead.
- Develop exceptional relationships with stakeholders and within the team to ensure all workstreams and projects are delivered to the strategic needs and objectives.
- Understand strategic roadmaps and actively influence these driving actionable change.
- Create concepts, justify business cases analyses to improve customer engagement and value metrics
- Lead on the measurement of testing analysis to provide insights of true business impact, using deep dive to understand the results
- Work with 3rd party providers and agencies to access and implement any necessary tools and tracking methods when not available in-house.
What we are looking for?
- Experience: 5-8 years of experience in marketing analytics (ideal backgrounds include: a similar analyst role at a paid media agency, fast-paced e-commerce company or travel industry within an international matrix environment, with experience working on Brand and Content Analytics, a data-based consulting role, or other data strategy type positions)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in an analytical field (maths, economics, engineering, statistics, etc), Master’s Degree a plus.
- A healthy passion for data and its ability to tell a story.
- Top performer with a proven track record of success in monitoring and analyzing multi-million dollar brand marketing campaigns.
- Self-motivated problem solver who thinks both strategically and analytically, with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong grasp and keen passion for marketing, travel and culture, and an understanding of the linear, digital, social media and entertainment space
- Expertise in marketing effectiveness measurement (e.g. attribution measurement, marketing mix modelling, revenue lift measurement)Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines while working across a wide range of stakeholders, including senior management, diverse departments and third-party analytics teams.
- Ability to turn large data sets into well-articulated arguments for change
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, with unwavering attention to detail.
- Ability to take in loose requirements, work independently, ask smart questions, and produce high-quality actionable insights
- Proactive not reactive, with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, providing ongoing actionable insights into campaign performance to relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to break down complex business questions into small pieces and build an overarching framework. Effectively gather relevant information from stakeholders, run data exploration, seek feedback and deliver insights to drive actions
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills as well as proven ability to develop well-written documents and eloquently present
- Understanding of the overall business strategic direction. Seek to make a meaningful contribution to the strategy via your analytics work. Drive insights with manager's guidance
- A start-up mentality, roll your sleeves up and get things done.
- Proficiency within social analytics and community management platforms such as Sprout or BrandWatch
- Upskilled in Excel, a SQL client, R/Python, Tableau and a few other useful tools of the data trade.
- Confident with learning new tools, technologies, and methodologies.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.