At Tripadvisor, we believe there’s good out there. We understand that travel brings out the best in us, while lifting deserving businesses and strengthening the communities we meet along the way. We know that as the world’s largest travel site, we’re here to inspire and empower people to explore our world with confidence — and share their trip experiences with others. And every day, we see our ideas come to life in work that enables travelers to discover all the good the world has to offer. As part of the Tripadvisor team, you’ll have the opportunity to do the same.
Tripadvisor is seeking an experienced Localization Director to define and set the strategic roadmap for localization of Tripadvisor, Viator and TheFork. In this role, you will work closely with a variety of partners including business leaders, engineering and product management teams, design and support. You will further develop and enhance the standards, mechanisms and processes for how Tripadvisor leads in the area of Localization. You will be required to innovate, think big, be responsive, as well as define key success metrics and consistently measure impact and business benefits.
This role reports into the VP Operations based in London. The role is based in either London or Needham, MA and occasional travel to other Tripadvisor offices can be expected.
What you’ll do:
- Define, implement, and lead Localization vision and strategy for all Tripadvisor brands globally.
- Build and drive partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to drive global growth.
- Serve as Localization SME for the business, including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Support, identifying opportunities to increase a global mindset across the business.
- Manage, grow and develop the Localization team, cultivating a team culture of high execution and customer focus.
Areas of responsibility:
- You are highly knowledgeable in the areas of language services and localization systems and processes.
- You are up to speed regarding the newest language and localization process automation tools and technologies and have experience working with engineering and product teams in the evolution and support of localization tools. You are focused on achieving higher productivity and better consistency on an on-going basis.
- You consistently deliver high quality localization and translation services aligned to continuous delivery process.
- You clearly define expected measurable outcomes to prioritize initiatives and manage incoming demand.
- You have experience leading distributed teams aligned to core business needs.
- You are comfortable managing a team of highly specialized languages and localization experts.
- You are organized and systematic with a demonstrated ability to hit deadlines on time and with a high degree of accuracy.
- You thrive in highly collaborative, creative, analytical, dynamic, and data-driven environments.
- You are highly detailed and meticulous when it comes to ensuring your teams are focused on grammar, phrasing, sourcing, proofing, and editing.
- You have experience working with and are completely comfortable interacting with highly technical engineering and product management teams.
- You know how to tell the story so people will take notice and listen. You are a compelling and influential presenter to all levels of the organization.
- You have experience managing a Localization P&L and collaborating with finance.
- Proven track record of language services and localization product, project, and program management experience, preferably in consumer and/or ecommerce business.
- 15+ years in languages, localization, translation, documentation teams.
- 10+ years leading languages, localization, translation, documentation teams.
- 10+ years managing and negotiating with localization vendors.
- You have demonstrated success delivering high quality, innovative tech-led products/services at scale in an environment where priorities shift rapidly.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.