TheFork, a TripAdvisor® Company is the leading online restaurants reservation platform in Europe, Australia and Latin America, with a network of more than 80,000 restaurants worldwide, more than 30.5 million monthly visits and present in 22+ countries around the globe.
TheFork connects restaurants and diners.
Through TheFork (website and application), as well as through TripAdvisor, users can easily select a restaurant according to preference criteria (such as the localisation, type of cuisine, restaurant type and average price), consult user reviews, check real-time availability and instantly book online.
From the restaurants’ side, TheFork provides them with a software solution, TheFork Manager, which enables restaurants to optimize reservations management, streamline operations and ultimately improve service and revenues.
TheFork team aims to inspire and enable people to confidently discover, experience and share food. We operate under a shared set of values that define how we do business and how we interact with our colleagues, our partners, our customers and our food community. We strongly believe that building a diverse workforce of people from all walks of life helps us have a richer, more vibrant, more successful workplace.
We are looking for an experienced Privacy Team Leader. Within this role you will be responsible for supporting and implementing all aspects of the global data protection compliance strategy at Customer Care level and advising or escalating on legal matters.
- Own and keep under constant review all the firm’s global data customer care processes and put in place robust, time-bound remedial plans where necessary
- Develop and maintain in collaboration with Knowledge Team relevant global internal data privacy policies, processes, required templates and training
- Inform and advise Customer Care in collaboration with Knowledge and Legal Teams on the Global Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and its requirements
- Serving as a subject matter expert and developing and implementing a robust compliance plan
- Report and escalate to Privacy or Legal Teams where potential data or legal risks are identified
- Handle enquiries and issues relating to data privacy practices, withdrawal of consent, the right to be forgotten, and related rights
- Run escalations to legal team in liaison with local teams for consumer or authority claims
Who you are:
- English required
- Relevant experience between 2- 4 years
- Located in Barcelona
- Other languages nice to have
- Knowledge and experience in privacy laws and consumer rights
- Demonstrated organization and prioritization skills to meet deadlines and established goals
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills and presentation skills
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration, teamwork, problem-solving, investigation and escalations
- Demonstrated experience within customer service nice to have