Senior Manager FP&A - Expense Management/Consolidation and Reporting Lead
TheFork is the leading online restaurants reservation platform in Europe, Australia and Latin America, with a network of more than 80,000 restaurants worldwide, more than 30.5 million monthly visits and present in 22+ countries around the globe. TheFork connects restaurants and diners. Through TheFork (website and application), as well as through TripAdvisor, users can easily select a restaurant according to preference criteria (such as the localization, type of cuisine, restaurant type and average price), consult user reviews, check real-time availability and instantly book online. From the restaurants’ side, TheFork provides them with a software solution, TheFork Manager, which enables restaurants to optimize reservations management, streamline operations and ultimately improve service and revenues.
This role is a key asset in the future growth of the company. This individual will be part of the FP&A Department and will contribute to the Company’s financial monthly forecast, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and special projects.
This function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support ‘optimal’ business decisions making.
The position is based in Paris Headquarter and reports to the FP&A Director. The position includes the management of 1 person to be extended during the year.
Plan vs. Actual, Operational Reporting – 50%
- Prepare, compile, analyze and communicate information for financial reporting and analysis including monthly results package for company operating reviews and for Financial reporting to the mother Company in the US (a listed Company on the Nasdaq)
- Improve performance across the business by identifying and assessing areas where the company can drive productivity and efficiency
Planning & Forecasting – 20%
- Maintain the company financial model, including forecasting, annual budgeting and long-range planning of income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements.
- Define rolling monthly, annual, and multi-year financial forecasting and planning processes and requirements and manage planning process across all functions and departments driving appropriate collaboration, coordination, reporting and analysis.
Metrics & KPI Analysis – 15%
- Analyze detailed financial information along with current and past trends in key performance indicators to provide accurate and timely financial and operational recommendations for decision making purposes.
- Integrate analysis of non-financial KPI’s into financial models.
- Prepare presentations to Engagement Leadership Team.
Reporting System & Process – 15%
- Assess the current reporting system (along with defining automation methods to simplify and scale), propose alternatives and implement adjustment to the reporting system when relevant.
- Identify areas of improvements for reporting, process & communication and drive the change for the entire FP&A scope (revenues & expenses)
- Engineer or business school
- 10+ years of experience in FP&A, mastering FP&A process, reporting, systems & tools. A previous experience in a "Big Four" audit firm a plus.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision, highly organized
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills, Hyperion & Anaplan a plus
- Proficient at efficiently manipulating large data sets
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to multi-task & handle several priorities simultaneously