We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Tripadvisor is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to work on our Viator brand, home to over 400K bookable experiences worldwide. This is a great opportunity to make your mark on a growing brand in the Tripadvisor family as we plan our course ahead and prepare for the inevitable surge in travel post Covid-19.
In that role, you will solve our most complicated problems. Your work will have direct impacts on our traveler’s experience and on our business operations and will therefore have high exposure to senior management.
You will be joining a high-impact team who:
- Owns the algorithms exposed on the website and which maximize business objectives
- Balances time between long-term projects and real-time firefighting
- Collaborates with…
- Machine learning to improve the user experience
- Product to support additional features on the site
- Analytics to investigate trends and identify opportunities
- Supply to make sure we are operating an efficient marketplace
- Traffic to efficiently increase revenue across all channels
- Provides weekly and monthly management-level reports, synthesized from numerous sources, focused on measurable impacts.
What you will be doing
- Focus primarily on our sort and recommendation algorithms
- Build solutions to solve quickly concrete business challenges (1 to 3 weeks projects)
- Be creative and efficient in the modeling approach (find the simple logic that solves most of the problem)
- Interact with many teams to support stakeholders’ projects but also owning your own initiatives
- Lead data science projects from concept to implementation: data exploration, modeling, productizing & coordinate work for deployment and integration
- Lead the achievement of one or more of the team’s most important objectives
- Improve the team’s models and processes
- Provide stewardship and act as team expert for several of the team’s most important models, pipelines and areas of expertise.
- Strong communication skills: Form strong relationships with partners across the business to get things done
- Work with other teams to review project specifications and schedule project work
- Work with other teams to develop new, or enhance existing, products and opportunities.
What You Already Have
- An interest to leverage data more to improve YoY revenue than to build the perfect model
- Willingness to have direct and visible impact on the business
- Preference for MVP + Iteration
- 2+ years’ in an analytical role
- Master’s degree in quantitative field
- Expert in SQL; Python a plus
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences of various background, level and function.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.