TheFork, a TripAdvisor® Company is the leading online restaurants reservation platform in Europe, Australia and Latin America, with a network of more than 80.000 restaurants worldwide, more than 30,5 million monthly visits and present in 22+ countries around the globe.
Basically, TheFork connects restaurants and diners:
- Through TheFork (website and application), as well as through TripAdvisor, users can easily select a restaurant according to preference criteria (such as the localisation, type of cuisine, restaurant type and average price), consult user reviews, check real-time availability and instantly book online.
- From the restaurants side, TheFork provides them with a software solution, TheFork Manager, which enables restaurants to optimize reservations management, streamline operations and ultimately improve service and revenues.
TheFork team aims to inspire and enable people to confidently discover, experience and share food. We operate under a shared set of values that define how we do business and how we interact with our colleagues, our partners, our customers and our food community. We strongly believe that building a diverse workforce of people from all walks of life helps us have a richer, more vibrant, more successful workplace.
About engineering @ TheFork:
- Our team is based on 100+ people including engineers, QA, design, product and devOps.
- We have an international team, with people working from France, Italy, Portugal, UK and Argentina.
- Our stack is mostly in Node both on the backend and frontend, and we work with React for our interfaces and GraphQL as API. Our Mobile Apps are made with Swift and Kotlin.
- Our engineers take great pride in their code, and pay close attention to the submitted pull requests.
- We solve many challenges with highly performant solutions, addressing beautiful interfaces without being troubled by the scalability of the platform itself.
Specific tasks for this position will include:
- Review and analyze functional requirements to ensure that requirements are testable.
- Work with Business Analysts to get requirement clarifications. Communicate gap, inconsistency, or errors on the functional requirements to the Business Analyst.
- Translate the business functional requirements into high level test scenarios with test estimation, create test plans, and provide test estimates to QA Manager for project scheduling purposes.
- Develop detailed test cases, ensure that tests cover all features of the system (happy path and edge cases), and ensure complete test-to-requirement coverage.
- Work with the developers to identify and prepare test data needed for the test execution.
- Perform various types of QA software testing including manual functional, web usability, system integration, regression, cross browser compatibility, backend database validation and mobile application testing.
- Perform data validation on the back-end Oracle or MS SQL database by writing SQL queries.
- Document software issues on Jira and assist development with concise and detailed steps for duplication of issues found.
- Work collaboratively with the project team to communicate testing progress and status, attend defect triage meetings to prioritize and track defects to closure, discuss project updates and issues to ensure appropriate follow through to resolution.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software functionality and web usability.
- Attend an application demo with the project team and business stakeholders.
- Provide weekly status to QA Manager to ensure that work is carried out in accordance with the schedule and testing requirements.
- At least 3 years of experience hands on Jira prepare test cases, manage test execution, report defects, and communicate defects with the project team.
- Familiarity with different types of testing methods and techniques. At least 5 years of experience in writing detailed test scenarios and test cases based on business functional requirements and technical specifications documents.
- 3+ years of experience testing web applications built using different technologies including VB, JAVA, MS CRM Dynamics, Oracle, and MS SQL Server.
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts and proficiency with SQL.
- Understanding of quality assurance concepts, best practices, and methodology.
- Possess strong analytical skills and attention to detail. Proven ability to analyze detailed business requirements, raise questions, and seek resolution to outstanding clarifications required to test case identification.
- Familiarity with different system development techniques such as Waterfall, Hybrid Agile, and Agile methodologies.
Why join us ?
- Chance to make an enormous impact in a rapidly growing Tech Company
- TripAdvisor stocks
- 3 weeks vacation
- OSDE Medical Coverage
- 15% discount on Viator (offers tickets for tours and activities)
- LinkedIn Learning (Full access to the E-learning Platform)
- Hertz’s Gold Plus Reward membership
- Office Food (coffee, milk, cookies, cereal, etc)*
- Happy fridays on the office*
- Fun times: Team buildings and day out to have fun with your team
- Lifestyle benefit 400€ or equivalent a year
- Flexible working policy for 2022 with allowance
- Life and long term disability insurance
- Parental leave 30 days (only in countries such as ARG, IT, SE, BE, UK, AU, DK, CH, PT, AT as other countries already have more than 30d
- Employee assistance plan & worklife (Optum)
- Calm app access
- Meal Vouchers
- Paid Time Off