We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Tripadvisor is looking for an exceptional individual to join our dynamic and fast paced Data Science Team. As a Machine Learning Scientist, you will apply your modeling and engineering skills to a wide variety of problem spaces including, but not limited to, recommender systems, bidding for online advertising, customer modeling, experimental design, and revenue optimization. You will have access to the newest development tools and huge data sets. You will deploy your solutions online and be able to observe the impact of your work in real time as you help the company grow.
We are looking for someone who is independent, curious, and motivated, who likes discussing ideas and will bring something new to the table. You will be working in a diverse environment where you’ll collaborate with a broad multidisciplinary team of data scientists, analysts, software engineers, and product managers. You’ll be encouraged to take ownership of your projects and to find new opportunities and problems where machine learning could be applied to improve the business. Finally, you will also be provided the environment to grow technically and personally into a leader while contributing to the team.
About Data Science at Tripadvisor:
Tripadvisor is the web's leading travel information site. At Tripadvisor, the Data Science Team creates high impact systems that influence the travel decisions of millions of people per day. We apply cutting edge machine learning techniques to a wide variety of areas, including recommenders, online advertising, vision, text processing, and natural language processing. To ensure continued success, Tripadvisor promotes a culture of personal development, including social activities, journal clubs, memberships in online learning resources, and participation in industry conferences. Have a great time while shaping the future of travel!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Participating in the design of machine learning models to solve a variety of core business problems across Performance Marketing.
- Seek out new opportunities to apply data science and machine learning in the Performance Marketing space across all channels (e.g., Web, email, paid marketing)
- Automate ETL pipelines
- Prototype, evaluate, deploy and maintain new models in production
- Design AB tests and analyze their results
- Discover new ways to analyze and interpret the data
- Communicate progress and interpretation of experimental results to technical and business stakeholders
- Participate in the determination of next steps for each project
What You Are Like:
- Team player
- Loves to learn
- Great communication skills with both technical and non-technical partners
- Gets things done on time and on specification
- Can work independently
- PhD or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or related field preferred
- Strong foundation in machine learning and statistics
- Solid foundation on data structures and algorithms
- Proficiency in Python for numerical/statistical programming (our group relies heavily on Numpy/Pandas/Scikit-learn)
- Ability to interpret and write complex SQL queries
- Experience with big data technologies, such as Hive and Spark
- New graduates are encouraged to apply
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of AB test design and analysis
- Experience in e-commerce
- Experience with the deployment and maintenance of models
- Experience working in paid advertising/performance marketing
- Experience with graph data structures
- Experience with Deep Learning
- Experience with recommender systems
What you’ll get:
- Highly competitive salary along with the following
- Annual bonus
- Excellent contributory pension
- Leading medical and dental coverage
- Support of personal development, including
- Support for conference attendance
- Access to professional and personal development materials
- Regular virtual and live (as available) social events
- Journal clubs and brainstorming sessions
- Fun-loving and dedicated team.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.