We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.
TheFork, a TripAdvisor® Company is the leading online restaurants reservation platform in Europe, Australia and Latin America, with a network of more than 80,000 restaurants worldwide, more than 30.5 million monthly visits and present in 22+ countries around the globe.
TheFork connects restaurants and diners.
Through TheFork (website and application), as well as through TripAdvisor, users can easily select a restaurant according to preference criteria (such as the localisation, type of cuisine, restaurant type and average price), consult user reviews, check real-time availability and instantly book online.
From the restaurants’ side, TheFork provides them with a software solution, TheFork Manager, which enables restaurants to optimize reservations management, streamline operations and ultimately improve service and revenues.
TheFork team aims to inspire and enable people to confidently discover, experience and share food. We operate under a shared set of values that define how we do business and how we interact with our colleagues, our partners, our customers and our food community. We strongly believe that building a diverse workforce of people from all walks of life helps us have a richer, more vibrant, more successful workplace.
What you will do:
Your role as the Accountant based in BCN will support the global finance function, and will be reporting into the Senior Accountant.
Your duties will include (but not limited to):
- Prepare the month end close process
- Bank account reconciliations
- Accounts payable ensuring accurate and timely payments of all invoices
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Payroll accounting
- Ensure accurate and timely lodgement of BAS and IAS (Taxes)
- Preparation of the Annual Statutory accounts
- Ensure compliance with local GAAP principles (Australian)
- Assist with year-end audit process
- Cash flow reporting
- Maintenance of fixed assets register
- Work closely with the local Accounts Receivable team to ensure smooth close process
- Ad hoc accounting tasks or projects
- Liaise with the Senior Accountant to improve financial procedures
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Provide accounting support to the local Sydney office as needed
Who you are:
- Degree qualified and either studying towards your professional qualification (e.g. CA / CPA or equivalent) or newly qualified
- English & Spanish fluent
- Maximum 3 years accounting experience
- Big Four experience would be a plus
- Highly independent
- Understanding of the month end process
- Proven strong reconciliations abilities (essential)
- Solid analytical and PC skills (Advanced MS Office Excel user)
- High attention to detail
- Resourceful and hard worker
- Process driven
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Team Player
- A ‘can do’ attitude as well as a passion for financial accounting
What we offer:
- Permanent contract
- Competitive fixed salary, bonus and equity
- Lunch vouchers
- International working environment
- Compensation for practicing sports in any gym in Barcelona
- Health insurance fully covered by the company
- Dining and leisure area + terrace
- Coffee point on each floor with coffee and tea for free
- Well-being activities and benefits (massages, fresh fruit, free snacks, team building events, etc.)