TheFork is the leading online restaurants reservation platform in Europe, Australia and Latin America, with a network of more than 80,000 restaurants worldwide, more than 30.5 million monthly visits and present in 22+ countries around the globe. TheFork connects restaurants and diners. Through TheFork (website and application), as well as through TripAdvisor, users can easily select a restaurant according to preference criteria (such as the localization, type of cuisine, restaurant type and average price), consult user reviews, check real-time availability and instantly book online. From the restaurants’ side, TheFork provides them with a software solution, TheFork Manager, which enables restaurants to optimize reservations management, streamline operations and ultimately improve service and revenues.
As a Data Scientist, you will be part of the Data team, which is a transverse organization having a major role to support our Business.
You will report to the Data Science Manager and be part of a team of ~30 People including Data Engineers, Data Analyst, Web Analysts…
The Data Team has 3 missions :
- Accelerate the Business thanks to data and insights
- Support company transformation towards a Data-driven Culture
- Develop a valuable and actionable data asset
As a key player in our recently created Data Science team, you will take the ownership on one or several Business-Data Domain(s), on which you will partner with Business teams to help them accelerating their strategy and related projects thanks to data science.
Your Business-Data Domain(s) will mainly focus on TheFork B2C Customers (Demand). You will develop a deep understanding of TheFork value proposition for B2C customers and business operations to serve them (Product, CRM, Customer support, etc) in order to deliver best in class data products involving Machine Learning & Statistics to support decision-making and performance management.
Example of projects you could be involved in :
- Build recommendations algorithms to be integrated on our products (app, web…)
- Improve the way restaurants are ranked in our search engine
- Help the CRM team detecting early churners among our B2C users
- Improve the efficiency of our CRM campaigns by building pertinent scores and segmentation
- Analyse AB tests results in order to drive decisions taken by business stakeholders
The expected outcomes of your role are:
- High business value for Demand related projects in production
- Build with your mission team impactful projects around personalization, search or product content to be delivered in production
- You’ll work with business teams, data stakeholders (ML Engineers, Data Analyst…) and Product and Engineering teams in order to deliver well shaped, monitored and actionable projects for end users
- Scalable and performant assets
- All the assets produced to deliver these projects should be scalable, performant and cost efficient. Anyone in the team could be onboarded quickly and maintenance costs should be low
Bring the Data Science team to the next level
- Data Science team upskilled around Machine Learning & Statistics and at least one of the following application fields : Ranking, Search, Recommendation, Customer Knowledge, AB testing
- Data Science team organization and technical stack improved in order to support the team growth and new projects requirements
- Grow our demand knowledge in collaboration with other data team members
- Have a deep understanding around demand related data (including web analytics data, logs from the B2C products...)
- Develop a strong expertise around recommendation, search, usage of data science in marketplaces etc...
Who are you?
- You are working in an autonomous, proactive and accountable way: you don’t wait to be told what to do.
- You demonstrate an obsession towards excellence: you systematically consider that good is not enough and constantly consider how to improve and reach the next level of quality, performance and impact
- You play agile and fast: delivering in a fast-paced environment is an easy business for you. You are comfortable to manage several topics in parallel, with different stakeholders involved.
- You bring the outside in: seeking excellence, you have developed habits to benchmark and consider how other companies are doing, what best practices could be source of inspiration and systematically consider how they can apply in your specific business context
- You act as a team player, communicating efficiently and thinking collectively rather than individually (you can see the value bring by these collective concerns)
- You have a Master’s Degree of an Engineering School with a specialization in mathematics, computer science or Data Science / a PhD in mathematics, physics or computer science
- You have almost 4 years of experience as a Data Scientist (at least 2 years for a PhD) in demand related topics (Data Science at scale for a marketplace, expertise around ranking problems, close collaboration with CRM teams…)
- You have excellent analytical skills, involving data analysis and modeling, you are able to modelize complex problems, find the best insights in large datasets and summarize findings in a clear and actionable way
- You have a deep knowledge and industry experience in Machine Learning & Statistics and at least one of the following topics : Ranking, Search, Recommendation, Customer Knowledge, AB testing
- You have a good proficiency in Python and SQL in order to develop POCs and work on projects industrialization with ML Engineers
- Your English is professional