We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The B2B Enterprise organization is looking for an ambitious and exceptional Analyst, with a true passion for data, to join our Global Meta Auction team. You will be leveraging your analytical superpowers to provide insights both externally to our key OTA and Hotel partners to help grow our partnership as well as internally to support our Auction Data Science and Product teams in their efforts to continuously enhance our Auction mechanisms and bidding algorithms.
Tripadvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. You will be part of a global, dynamic team in a role where you can immediately create an impact on a product that’s at the core of Tripadvisor’s success.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a dynamic self-starter with a track record of successfully leveraging data and an analytical approach to solve problems and create opportunities. You are passionate about digging into data and using a data-driven approach to identify opportunities and drive improvements - big and small.
Working in close collaboration with the Meta Success, Product and Data Science teams as well as other Meta Analytics team members around the globe you will need a desire to contribute to an open & collaborative working environment across time-zones, a passion for learning and for imparting your knowledge to others and an innate ability to consistently and autonomously produce high quality deliverables.
Key Responsibilities/What you’ll do
Campaign optimization & growth for key clients
• Keep on top of campaign performance for your clients. Systematically perform deep dive analysis, leveraging data from various sources to identify problem areas and growth opportunities. Build on existing tools and methodologies the Meta Analytics team has created and enhance and develop new ones as needed to keep up to date with internal and client needs and objectives.
• Present recommendations for optimization and growth to your clients - in weekly meetings, Quarterly Business Reviews and other forums. Continuously work with the client to execute on growth strategies, tracking & reporting on impact
• Work closely with the Meta Success Manager to align on Account Strategy for your clients, with focus on building long term client relationships. Represent the voice of the client internally, ensuring you advocate for their needs while seeking win-win solutions.
Internal analytics & strategy
• Proactively contribute to the work of the wider Auction team, providing strategic insights, analysis & data driven recommendations and lead projects that support the Auction Pod’s goal of increasing competitiveness and health of the Meta auction
• Work closely with the Product team to gain thorough knowledge about the relevant products, act as a Product expert internally and externally for your clients
• Work closely with analytics teams and other teams responsible for data sources, taking an active role in identifying business challenges and developing best practices to address/resolve these
Scaling the Meta Analytics team’s work
• Leverage Tableau and other tools to build out dashboards & data visualizations - for internal and external usage. Constantly look for ways to improve tools and methodologies used by the team with the goal of reducing the manual intervention needed to obtain data - freeing up bandwidth to focus on interpretation and analysis
• Build out a library of go to custom SQL queries for the team to leverage to reduce the need for each MAM to start from scratch
• Master of Science in an analytical or technical field, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in data analysis, preferably in a client facing role
• Expert understanding of Tableau, SQL & MS Excel, experience with utilizing Python or R to analyze large data sets and create visualizations
• Excellent problem-solving & analytical skills. A proven track record of successfully & creatively leveraging a data driven approach to solve problems and create opportunities that align with the wider business objectives
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to influence stakeholders and collaborate virtually with clients & team members around the globe
• A strong sense of ownership, comfort with ambiguity, and with working with little supervision and in a fast paced, global & highly dynamic environment where products and processes evolve rapidly
• Results oriented, organized, flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior, work methods & priorities accordingly
• Willingness to travel