We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.
TheFork, a TripAdvisor® Company is the leading online restaurants reservation platform in Europe, Australia and Latin America, with a network of around 80,000 restaurants worldwide, 28 million app downloads and present in 22 countries around the globe.
TheFork connects restaurants and diners.
Through TheFork (website and application), as well as through Tripadvisor, users can easily select a restaurant according to preference criteria (such as the localization, type of cuisine, restaurant type and average price), consult user reviews, check real-time availability and instantly book online.
TheFork team aims to inspire and enable people to confidently discover, experience and share food. We operate under a shared set of values that define how we do business and how we interact with our colleagues, our partners, our customers and our food community. We strongly believe that building a diverse workforce of people from all walks of life helps us have a richer, more vibrant, more successful workplace.
What you will do:
Your role as the Senior Staff Accountant based in London will support the global finance function with a focus on German, Austrian and UK markets, and will be reporting into the Senior Accountant.
Your duties will include (but not limited to):
- Be responsible for the month end close process, including journal posting, internal reporting and analysis of our German and Austrian subsidiaries
- Bank account reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Payroll accounting
- Preparation of the Annual Statutory accounts and assist in the year end audit process
- Ensure compliance with local GAAP principles
- Ad hoc accounting tasks or projects
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Provide accounting support to the teams based in Germany and Austria
Who you are:
- Degree qualified and either studying towards your professional qualification (in final stages) or newly qualified
- 4 years+ accounting experience, ideally in a fast-paced finance department
- German speaker is a plus
- Proven strong reconciliations abilities (essential)
- Solid analytical and PC skills (Advanced MS Office Excel user)
- Knowledge of Workday Financials a plus
- High attention to detail
- Resourceful and hard worker
- Process driven
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Team Player
- A ‘can do’ attitude
What we offer:
- Permanent contract
- Competitive fixed and variable salary
- Wellness / Fitness reimbursement
- Private Healthcare Insurance (General health - Dental care - Accident insurance)
- Full access to the E-learning business platform
- Employee Assistance Program
If you are the right person and you are thrilled to join TheFork don’t miss this chance and apply. We look forward to meeting you!