Junior DevOps Engineer, Oxford
Tripadvisor is seeking a Junior DevOps Engineer to join our global DevOps team. This role operates in a fast moving environment with a product and platforms that are growing and changing rapidly. You will be a critical team member in delivering continuous delivery with open source and cloud based technologies. The ideal candidate will have a background in Linux administration and/or development, combined with being an automator by nature and be comfortable with scripting languages like Bash, Python and maybe even Java.
We are a global engineering team based in Oxford and Sydney, dedicated to delivering the Viator production environments, the associated development environments and release pipeline and release automation.
- Develop systems and process to aid the continuous integration and continuous delivery of a variety of different systems and environments
- Manage and build release infrastructure to ensure high availability.
- Look at ways to improve developer experience
- Contribute improvements to a large, high volume transactional environment in AWS.
- Work with engineering teams to improve the operational readiness of product features. Be the gate keepers of production, raise awareness of potential production stability risks
- Passion for systems engineering and technology at scale
- Desire to learn about new platforms and technologies
- A strong work ethic, the ability to keep complex tasks organised, and an amazing attention to detail
- A love of travel is desired
- Experience in a Junior DevOps Engineer role.
- Exposure to AWS - CloudFormation/Terraform, vpc, iam, eks, rds, s3, lambda
- Linux systems administration skills – RedHat, CentOS
- Scripting, coding and configuration management skills with the likes of puppet/ansible, bash and python
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn in a complex environment and handle dependencies across multiple teams
Nice to Have
- Experience with operating Kubernetes clusters and docker applications
- Experience with CI/CD - Jenkins/GitLab
- Exposure to load balancers - HAProxy, nginx, envoy
- Exposure to Database - PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Exposure to APM, logging and monitoring platforms – ELK, Grafana, Prometheus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience