We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Tripadvisor Plus Support Agent provide a premium service to Tripadvisor Plus subscribers across multiple channels whether pre-booking, in-stay, or post-booking. These valuable Tripadvisor members may require premiums care and assistance with troubleshooting, making selections, concierge services, in-stay experiences bookings and resolving billing or traveler crisis situations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Servicing booking requests, placing reservations by phone, receiving inbound support calls
- Making outbound calls to hotel properties, Online Travel Agencies, and other businesses
- Corresponding courteously & professionally in email, chat, and SMS interactions
- Providing consistent and timely product feedback to improve member experiences
- Recording accurate booking information into various in-house software solutions
- Maintaining existing Customer Care tools (databases, manuals, in-house forms)
- Special project / product work when required
- Representing Tripadvisor in all customer interactions displaying company values and focused on member satisfaction
- Logging and collating all system and product errors
- Control (on a rotating basis) of the online booking / cancellation / amendment procedures
- Responsible for personal performance on customer satisfaction surveys, quality scores, contact handle time & productivity metrics as well as potentially monthly gross booking goals through new sales bookings, amendments to existing bookings, or adjacent experiences bookings.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION
- Requires 2-4 years of experience in related field, preferably in travel and an Inbound/Outbound call center setting
- Excellent communication, time management skills, the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines on multiple projects
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, administrative, multi-tasking, organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to work efficiently, independently and cohesively, consistently producing quality results
- Experience in travel either in product development, operations or reservations
- Solid experience in Sales or Support by Phone
- Basic background knowledge of computers and IT functions
- Global geographical knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), fluent in English and articulate
- Distinct Advantage if proficient with Travel Global Distribution Systems (GDS)
- Must be committed to a flexible work schedule which will include early morning, mid-morning, evenings and weekends
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other office equipment.
- The ability to work within a close environment.
- Constantly hearing, listening, speaking – must wear headset, holding head up for long periods.
- Constantly sitting for long periods of time, wrist motion, manual dexterity, fingering, and handling.
- Frequently seeing, moving eyes, arms, hands and fingers freely, eye/hand coordination, attention to/observing details, making decisions and following directions.
- Occasionally walking 10 – 30 ft.
- Frequently reading, writing and working rapidly; concentrating amid distractions.
- Occasional standing, wrist motion, twisting, bending, lifting up to 25 lbs., carrying, pushing, pulling, kneeling and handling.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) in English.
Note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that different tasks be performed as necessary.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.