Viator, a Tripadvisor company, makes it easy to find and book something you'll love to do. With access to the world's largest selection of high quality experiences, there's always something new to discover, both near and far from home. From must-do moments to who-knew discoveries, see the familiar in a new way, or the unknown for the first time.
With industry-leading flexibility and last-minute availability, it's never too late to make any day extraordinary. Plan ahead, or decide that morning. Change your dates. Or change your mind entirely! This is your time off, your way, and we're here to help.
Spend less time searching, and more time making memories. Discover story-worthy experiences, anytime, anywhere, and rapidly.
About the Role
The Senior Strategy Associate will be a key contributor in the Strategy & Operations team, which sits at the core of the business and directly impacts the success of the company. The team’s mission is to align company priorities and help drive strategic initiatives forward.
The candidate will be commercially minded, data & evidence driven, as well as proactive and capable of developing strong working relationships at all levels. The role is a great opportunity to work in a fast growing eCommerce business and will work directly with executives and leaders on critical business projects. This is a great opportunity to make your mark on a growing brand in the Tripadvisor family as we plan our course ahead and prepare for the inevitable surge in travel post Covid-19.
The core responsibilities of the role will include:
- Developing commercial direction for the Experiences businesses; and translating strategy into business plans actionable by the functional teams. Project manage part of the implementation in key projects
- Own and develop a competitive intelligence competency. Direct the analysis of data, and create actionable competitive insights used by functional teams to: better target marketing, prioritize product enhancements and improve supplier content.
- Work with the corporate development team to find and close global acquisition opportunities for Experiences. Develop the case for acquisition with the Experiences Executive team. During an acquisition project, take responsibility for identifying and directing functional input from the wider team including analytics, product management, sales, and other business functions. Own the operational assumptions
- Take responsibility for planning and directing input into team strategy sessions, and into updates for the TripAdvisor board of directors, and TripAdvisor management
What We’re looking For
- 3+ years of professional experience preferably with at least 2 years of strategy, consulting, banking, or a related experience)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to influence solutions without direct ownership
- Capable of managing complex commercial problems using data / evidence, driving high level goals into measurable plans
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written – particularly in presentations
- Analytical outlook, with experience in building and critiquing commercial models
- Some exposure to the corporate M&A process preferable
- Appetite and desire to work in a fast paced, and flexible environment