As a Sr. Manager of Technical Accounting you will work closely with the Director of Corporate Accounting and CAO in addressing various technical accounting topics, including revenue recognition, consolidations, leases, business combinations, stock-based compensation, CECL; as well as adoption of new accounting standards, establishing accounting policies, and support of global accounting operations in application of US GAAP. In addition, you will assist and support the external reporting function in preparation of 10-Q’s/10K’s and other reporting. This position will be an individual contributor role.
- Serve a critical role as US GAAP subject matter expert for complex accounting topics such as revenue recognition (ASC 606), consolidations, leases (ASC 842), business combinations, stock-based compensation, financial instruments, CECL (ASC 326), and other complex accounting topics.
- Research new accounting guidance and exposure drafts, independently assess implications and perform technical accounting assessment, prepare accounting memoranda, present findings/accounting updates to the global business teams, train & communicate with the business divisions and functional departments that are impacted, and manage a timely implementation plan.
- Provide support for global accounting teams on IFRS technical accounting matters. Regularly collaborate with company’s global accounting and finance leaders to identify, research, resolve and communicate findings on accounting-related questions regarding business transactions and other non-routine matters.
- Establish, maintain and communicate robust global accounting policies.
- Gain in-depth understanding of the company’s operations, business strategies and processes.
- Assist external reporting team in preparation of all aspects of SEC filing requirements, including Form 10-Q, Form 10-K, Annual Proxy and 8K’s, including drafting new disclosures required for new accounting pronouncements, as adopted.
- Partner with Internal Audit to monitor business for compliance with US GAAP and IFRS and the company’s global accounting policies and to evaluate accounting and reporting processes for consistency and improvement where needed.
- Work closely with the external auditors to resolve complex accounting issues for the timely issuance of financial reports to external stakeholders.
- Assist in acquisition accounting and transaction structuring relating to any M&A activity.
- Lead ad-hoc technical accounting projects, as needed.
Requirements of the Applicant
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent and CPA required; Master’s Degree and/or IFRS experience a plus.
- 6-8 years of relevant experience from public accounting and/or large public company.
- Prior technical accounting experience in ASC 606 strongly preferred.
- Strong US GAAP technical accounting knowledge within a broad range of topics, including consolidations, leases, business combinations, stock-based compensation, financial instruments, CECL, and revenue, etc.
- Prior experience in external reporting/SEC reporting requirements preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to interpret/apply technical accounting literature to business operations.
- Ability to work autonomously and act in a consultative and teaching role.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong documentation skills—clear, concise, detailed and accurate.
- Proven ability to work and build strong positive relationship with senior executives and all levels of management and teams within organization.
- Strong process and time management skills.