Who we are
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there. We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.
TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site, operates at scale with over 500 million reviews, opinions, photos, and videos reaching over 390 million unique visitors each month. We are a data driven company that leverages our data to empower our decisions. Tripadvisor is extremely excited to play a pivotal role in supporting our travellers. With travel plans dashed in early 2020, many people have been dreaming about their next big holiday for more than a year, so it’s no surprise that travellers are extra conscious of getting it just right when they do travel. Helping to play an important role in enabling travellers is an amazing opportunity over the next year and beyond.
Cruise Critic is looking for an individual to manage and improve upon our data pipelines and coordinate data integration and transformation from a variety of sources. This individual will work with the greater engineering team to spearhead data architecture decisions, design and build scalable infrastructure to provide teams seamless access to data and insights, and continuously improve our various tools within the data infrastructure
- Expertise and industry experience working with Microsoft Business Intelligence platform (SSRS, SSIS)
- Expertise and industry experience working with data warehouses, data lakes and reporting tools.
- Experience building data pipelines and streaming / processing large amounts of data to / from cloud environments.
- A history of researching and trying out new technologies.
- An understanding of software development fundamentals: testability, performance, simplicity - in essence, clean code.
- Eagerness to learn our business domain (without understanding our domain, we can’t get information from our data).
- The ability to build strong cross-functional partnerships to understand data needs and recommend actions.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of the technical integrations associated with major digital vendors such as Google and Facebook are a plus