Join the team driving users to TripAdvisor!
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We believe in championing the diverse perspectives, experiences, voices, and abilities of our employees, travelers, candidates, business partners, and industry peers. This inspires us to think bigger, act more fearlessly, improve constantly, and always remember – we are better together.
Our SEO team has always had a data driven and test driven approach to understanding how we interact with search engines, users and the many complex interactions between them. You will be working with some of the best SEO practitioners in the space utilizing extensive TB sized datasets to understand what is working and how it works.
We are looking for engineers who enjoy understanding on a deep level the data they are interacting with or generating. Historically we’ve had a breadth-first approach to iteration which means the better we understand our core datasets the wider the net we can broadcast.
Day to day work will entail running analysis on trend changes, updated approaches to UX, improving and maintaining our current datasources and collaborating across the company on some of the highest profile projects on TripAdvisor. You will also help our team of SEO analysts explore the large datasets using both inhouse tools and off-the-shelf analytics software. Our team has the distinction of finding both some of the largest wins in helping new customers find TripAdvisor as well as finding incredibly important opportunities for overall site improvement.
- Strong SQL and Analytical skills
- Experience working with data warehouses, data lakes and reporting tools.
- Experience building data pipelines and streaming / processing large amounts of data to / from cloud environments.
- A solid Linux foundation
- An understanding of web development
- Interest in software development fundamentals: testability, performance, well factored code independent of language
- You are comfortable prioritizing, communicating and partner with both technical and non-technical peers.
- Processing and analyzing piles of data while always thinking about how to extract meaning
- Developing and supporting our extensive internal tool set
- Coming up with new ideas for tests that drive insights and ultimately revenue
- Optimizing code for performance and stability
- Promoting best practices and ensuring solid coding standards
Nice to haves:
- Experience helping to scale up a start-up company
- Passionate about solving business problems, perhaps you come from an entrepreneurial background
- Experience working with and processing large quantities of data - Hive, Redis, NoSQL databases.
What you’ll get
- Highly competitive salary along with the following
- Annual bonus
- Excellent contributory pension
- Full family private medical cover
- Full dental cover
- Annual wellbeing allowance (e.g. gym membership)
- Personal travel reimbursement
- Critical illness plus full life cover
- Employee assistance program
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.