We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
At Tripadvisor, we never stop learning. This is true both individually and as a company, where constant experimentation helps us to understand how we can continue to grow and improve the user experience for our 500 million unique monthly visitors worldwide. Data-driven decision making is at the core of what we do.
About the Role:
The Tripadvisor Data Science Team is looking for an exceptional individual to help design and build next generation systems that model how travelers interact with the various products on the site. Such a model will allow a significant improvement in our ability to offer to travelers the broadest, most relevant travel products (e.g., tell me the most family-friendly summertime activities in Paris). This individual will also have the opportunity to work on other projects on the team, including those related to text and image processing.
About Data Science at Tripadvisor:
Tripadvisor is the web's leading travel information site. At Tripadvisor, the Data Science Team creates systems that influence the travel decisions of millions of people per day. It applies cutting edge machine learning techniques to a wide variety of areas, including recommenders, vision, text processing, and natural language processing. To ensure continued success, Tripadvisor promotes a culture of personal development, including social activities, journal clubs, memberships in online learning resources, and participation in industry conferences. Have a great time while shaping the future of travel!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Participate in the design of machine learning models to solve a variety of core business problems in acquiring and retaining customers
- Automate ETL pipelines
- Prototype, evaluate, deploy and maintain new models in production
- Design AB tests and analyze their results
- Communicate progress and experimental results to technical and business stakeholders
- Participate in the planning of future projects.
What You Are Like:
- Team player
- Loves to learn
- Great communication skills with both technical and non-technical partners
- Gets things done on time and on specification.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or related field preferred
- Strong background in machine learning and statistics
- Solid foundation on data structures and algorithms
- Proficiency in Python for numerical/statistical programming (our group relies heavily on Numpy/Pandas/Scikit-learn).
- Ability to write complex SQL queries
- Experience with big data technologies, such as Hive and Spark
- 2 years of relevant, practical experience.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Natural Language Processing
- Experience with Deep learning
- Experience with online businesses.
What you’ll get
- Highly competitive salary along with the following
- Annual bonus.
- Excellent contributory pension.
- Full family private medical cover.
- Full dental cover.
- Annual wellbeing allowance (e.g. gym membership, Apple Watch).
- Personal travel reimbursement.
- Critical illness plus full life cover.
- Employee assistance program.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.