We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site, inspires and empowers people to explore the world with confidence and share their trip experiences with others. The Data and Shared Services team, which includes analytics, data science / machine learning, and the backend data and technology platforms, creates the data ecosystem that allows the company to monitor overall business performance, evaluate tests, apply machine learning models, and run and measure performance marketing campaigns. We need a Principal Technical Program Manager to lead and manage the complex program and guide us toward our long-term, strategic technical and business objectives in this highly visible, high impact role.
Data and Shared Services is a large scale program that encompasses 9 distinct teams with stakeholders in all facets of the business: Engineering, Product, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Legal, and you will have the ownership and autonomy to lead and manage the program’s most complex initiatives. We have an ambitious and exciting roadmap for 2021 and beyond. This is a tremendous opportunity to have a significant impact on the business and continually innovate with a globally recognized leader in travel.
- Lead and manage the program, addressing any ambiguity, dependencies, and risks, to guide us toward our long-term, strategic technical and business objectives
- Establish detailed program plans with a cohesive view of engineering workstreams and clear milestones, dependencies, and sequencing
- Lead technical design discussions that span multiple engineering teams and guide the group toward consensus on a solution
- Coordinate and manage deliverables across multiple engineering teams to a successful completion
- Identify and address inefficiencies across the program that impact productivity, including jira organization and standardization, clear documentation, and a training curriculum for new hires
- Define and execute mitigation plans to minimize risk
- Communicate overall program status, including milestones, dependencies, and risks, to program teams, stakeholders, and executive sponsors
- Manage stakeholders’ expectations, and address any questions, concerns, or feedback
- Partner with engineering to investigate, deconstruct, and estimate (t-shirt size) large, unknown areas of work
- 15+ years software experience as a technical program manager, software engineer, or data engineer, of which 5+ years include working with large datasets (petabyte scale and growing)
- 10+ years TPM experience, developing and managing detailed program plans, of which 5+ years include defining, leading, and managing large scale, complex programs, navigating and removing ambiguity, identifying and resolving dependencies, and mitigating against risks among multiple engineering teams and business stakeholders
- Exceptional organization, attention to detail, and problem solving
- Strong understanding of data, machine learning, and cloud migration
- Strong ability to influence others and drive alignment among differing opinions
- Strong ability to rapidly identify, communicate, and resolve technical issues with multiple engineering teams and business stakeholders
- Strong stakeholder management
- Tenacious with a strong sense of ownership, working quickly and effectively under pressure and time constraints with minimal guidance
- Excellent verbal, non-verbal, and written communication, and comfort communicating at all levels in the organization
- Emotional intelligence
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.