We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overview of the role:
As a Business Improvement Manager, you will be an integral part of shaping the strategy for Tripadvisor Customer Service globally, and a key member of the Tripadvisor CS Management Team. You will report to the Director, Business Operation for TACS and will have frequent and significant exposure to the senior leadership across the Tripadvisor Global Operations.
This role works on improving our customer support operations in both efficiency and customer satisfaction achieved through reduced customer effort. You will be responsible for measuring and testing existing processes and procedures as well as designing and testing new processes and enhancements.
This is a pivotal role, as it requires working across a matrix of stakeholders with varied pipelines and priorities in order to achieve intended results. Success in this role is executing a successful project, but additionally building a repeatable method for analyzing the next areas and having the next project ready to be deployed in quick succession.
This role will collaborate across the organization to identify and prioritize customer needs, and to provide actionable insights to help the organization solve problems and drive customer value. This may include customer journey mapping, qualitative and quantitative analysis, development of business cases, and establishing the tracking of results and outcomes.
Summary of activity;
• Contribute to the project & product pipeline from the agent perspective.
• Understand and proactively communicate analysis of Demand Drivers, Contact Ratio, CSAT and other metrics with an eye towards process improvements to address.
• Thorough analysis to identify opportunities to improve self-service & reduce incoming contacts. Map, understand and build business cases to improve Customer Journeys across the sites.
• Identify and reduce transfers and efficiency waste between CS/Content/Plus
• Develop centralized management of key customer journeys, development of journey KPIs and oversight of journey management activities.
• Maintain inventory of customer experience improvement opportunities and plans to address them.
• Supports stakeholders with business cases for prioritization and inclusion in roadmaps.
• Develop and own the comprehensive execution plans of customer experience improvements for supporting business initiatives.
• Partner and collaborates to develop and socialize Customer Effort vision, measurements and accountabilities.
• Articulate scope of all projects for CE with the team; identify and communicate deliverables and deadlines.
• Subject matter expert on customer experience trends, developing and sharing best practices and tactics to improve the experience
• Advocate and escalate changes in business processes or policies that may be negatively impacting the customer experience.
• Ensure that cross functional teams have identified detailed scenarios and use cases, including all corresponding risks have been identified and evaluated and solutions are properly selected from a customer support perspective.
• Partner with marketing & product to influence solutions in a positive way for the front line and customers through the requirements, design, deployment and post-launch stages of a project.
• Develop and foster relationships to provide awareness of channel and customer needs with key impact on Customer Effort & Satisfaction.
• Identify, design, and lead development on customer experience improvement initiatives.
• Recommend innovative ways to facilitate changes to products, processes, and policies impacting customers.
• Partner with cross-functional teams to problem solve and ensure productive communication and implementation of processes.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Six-sigma certification is a distinct advantage.
• 5 years of progressive experience in a Customer Support/ Customer Experience function.
• Thorough understanding of multiple project management disciplines with strong time management/prioritization skills and multi-tasking ability.
• Strong business acumen with an ability to understand the direction and goals of the business.
• Strong project management skills, including definition of milestones, task management, coordination of resources, and communication of deliverables.
• Ability to influence and drive change while building rapport and credibility quickly with all levels in the organization.
• Ability to handle confidential information and adhere to established protocols.
• Excellent command of the English language
• Ability to work independently, anticipate problems and suggest solutions
• Demonstrated knowledge of customer experience systems and best practices. Experience with relevant applications, including but not limited to:
· Exposure to multi-channel operations i.e. voice support, email.
· CRM/Customer Support Tools (Zendesk, Salesforce.com, RightNow, NetSuite, etc.)
· Word Processing/Spreadsheet Applications (Microsoft Office, etc.)