We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Tripadvisor receives an enormous amount of user-generated content - over 250 contributions per minute! In order to provide our users with the most relevant and helpful information for their travels, it is vital to detect and prevent fraudulent or otherwise biased content from being published to our site. To ensure this, Tripadvisor is seeking candidates to join our Investigations team as an Associate Investigator.
Working alongside the rest of our Investigations team in addition to our Legal, Public Relations, and Engineering teams, as an Associate Investigator you will be a key part of our continuing efforts to ensure that Tripadvisor provides only the best unbiased content to visitors to our site.
Why this Job is Excellent
Staying one step ahead of fraudsters requires forethought, dynamic problem-solving abilities, and passion. Combine that with our cutting-edge anti-fraud technology and tried-and-true investigative techniques and you’ll quickly discover how our team continues to be impactful and successful in connecting the dots, monitoring suspicious account behavior, and following up on leads from our large, global team of content in order to keep Tripadvisor the best source for traveler information on the internet.
What You Will Do:
- Assist in the prevention, detection, and removal of biased and fraudulent content from the site through consistent decision-making on high-risk content
- Monitor high-risk user-generated reviews, members, and properties via the use of social media and digital forensics investigations
- Identify new rules and filters that prevent biased content from ever being posted to our site
- Leverage knowledge of existing patterns of fraudulent behavior to enhance Tripadvisor’s fraud detection system, backing up your suggestions with data analysis and a particular focus on ways to automate actions
- Address escalated issues from our global team, take decisive actions, and thoroughly document your findings
- Work with our Fraud Support team to enhance and streamline the process by which we correspond with both owners and users regarding fraud policies and actions
- Identify, quantify, and articulate impact and resolutions of bugs and other improvements
- Use SQL queries to track key metrics and analyze content trends
- Help with the training and mentorship of new team members
What You Will Bring to the Team:
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in multiple languages is a plus
- A passion for fraud detection and prevention with a focus on attention to detail, excellent time management, prioritization and multitasking skills
- Sound judgment with the capacity to resolve complex problems and make decisions based on potential impact to the business
- Strong communication skills and a talent for collaboration across a global team at all levels of the company
- A passion for innovation with the ability to proactively drive projects both individually and with your colleagues
- Flexibility and adaptability particularly in a changing, fast-paced, and often ambiguous work environment
- Results-oriented with ability to use feedback and metrics to improve future performance
- Strong execution skills with a focus on speed and efficiency of results
- A deep understanding of KPIs and how they’re used to improve team performance
- Experience with SQL and/or business intelligence tools, such as Tableau, strongly preferred.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.