We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
About the Role:
The Tripadvisor Data Science Team is looking for an exceptional experienced individual to help lead the design and building next generation systems that model how travelers interact with the various products on the site. Such a model will allow a significant improvement in our ability to offer to travelers the broadest, most relevant travel products (e.g., tell me the most family-friendly summertime activities in Paris). This individual will also have the opportunity to lead other projects on the team, including those related to text and image processing.
About Data Science at Tripadvisor:
Tripadvisor is the web's leading travel information site. At Tripadvisor, the Data Science Team creates systems that influence the travel decisions of millions of people per day. It applies cutting edge machine learning techniques to a wide variety of areas, including recommenders, vision, text processing, and natural language processing. To ensure continued success, Tripadvisor promotes a culture of personal development, including social activities, journal clubs, memberships in online learning resources, and participation in industry conferences. Have a great time while shaping the future of travel!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Seek out new opportunities to apply data science and machine learning to the business (e.g., personalized recommendations, performance marketing, customer modeling) across all channels (e.g., Web, email, paid marketing)
- Has experience working with other teams in solving problems and identifying opportunities
- Lead the design of machine learning models to solve a variety of core business problems in customer acquisition, retention, and reactivation
- Automate ETL pipelines
- Prototype, evaluate, deploy and maintain new models in production
- Design AB tests and analyze their results
- Discover new ways to analyze and interpret the data
- Communicate progress and interpretation of experimental results to technical and business stakeholders
- Lead the determination of next steps for each project
What You Are Like:
- Team player
- Loves to learn
- Great communication skills with both technical and non-technical partners
- Gets things done on time and on specification
- Can work independently
- PhD or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or related field preferred
- Knowledge of AB test design and analysis
- Strong background in machine learning and statistics
- Solid foundation on data structures and algorithms
- Proficiency in Python for numerical/statistical programming (our group relies heavily on Numpy/Pandas/Scikit-learn)
- Ability to write complex SQL queries
- Experience with big data technologies, such as Hive and Spark
- Track record of leading the deployment and maintenance of models
- 3 years of relevant, practical experience
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Natural Language Processing
- Experience with Deep learning
- Experience with online businesses
What you’ll get
- Highly competitive salary along with the following
- Annual bonus.
- Excellent contributory pension.
- Full family private medical cover.
- Full dental cover.
- Annual wellbeing allowance (e.g. gym membership, Apple Watch).
- Personal travel reimbursement.
- Critical illness plus full life cover.
- Employee assistance program.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.