Software Engineer - 6 month Temp

This is an exciting opportunity for a developer to join the Viator engineering team in Sydney, Australia. Viator is a world leading marketplace for experiences and is part of TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site. The Viator team consists of world-class experts in SEO, usability, marketing, and of course, technology.  Bring your skills and enthusiasm to this collaborative team.

The role is to join our help solutions team (Chat, FAQ, etc…) which serves external customers (travellers, tour operators, travel agents) as well as our internal customer support team for a 6 months contract. The team works within our broader marketplace platform that connects tour operators, travellers and third party distributors, including e-Commerce websites and multiple backend systems. 

Developers at Viator are cross-functional and get to work on complete vertical slices of functionality from the front end all the way to the database. You will use the latest technologies to deliver solutions in a fast paced and complex environment. If you are looking to be challenged technically and have fun, this is the place for you!

On your first day, we'd love for you to have:

• Expertise and industry experience working with java and javascript.
  • Some history of researching and trying out new technologies.
  • An understanding of software development fundamentals: testability, performance, simplicity - in essence, clean code.
  • A passion for working within a team (we prize our team culture) and the ability to work more autonomously from time to time.
  • Eagerness to learn our business domain (without understanding our domain, you can’t write your best software).
  • A degree in computer science or a related field (Science, Mathematics etc.).

It would be nice if you have:

• Experience with Salesforce.
  • Experience with one or more frameworks such as Spring or React.
  • Experience with message brokers such as RabbitMQ or Amazon SNS / SQS.
  • Some Industry experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google cloud platform).
  • A love of travel is not required, but hey - why not?

#LI-JZ1

Apply for this Job

* Required

+ Add Another Employment

Demographics

Individuals seeking employment at Tripadvisor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected by law. Tripadvisor is committed to creating an inclusive culture. If you choose to share this information, it will allow us to track the effectiveness of our recruiting efforts and to monitor the diversity of our applicant pool for all roles and levels.

Please consider answering the following voluntary questions. Completion is entirely voluntary. Should you choose to answer any of the questions, your answers will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter, and any information you do provide will be stored confidentially and securely and only used for the above purposes.  Conversely, if you choose not to complete this section or provide this information it will not adversely impact your application.  

You may review our Privacy and Cookie Statement here.

My gender at birth was

My gender identity is

My sexual orientation is

I identify as

My military status is