Who we are:
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
TripAdvisor is the world’s largest online travel site, visited by 390 million travellers each month, and our business – Viator – is a fascinating and ever-evolving part of the organisation.
What we do in Data Science:
At Viator, the only thing we love more than travel is data. We slice it, we dice it, and we use it to empower our decision making. In fact, most would be surprised at just how many people in our office can write their own SQL queries.
The Experiences Analytics Team is seeking a Marketing Analytics Manager who has the analytical and leadership skills as well as business experience to support numerous end users from an analytics and measurement perspective, driving out insight to influence valuable change, and is looking to join a fast-growing all-star team dedicated to providing the highest quality data driven insights.
This role is available to hire in both our Oxford and London offices.
What you’ll do:
Can you play a leading role in keeping Viator Performance Marketing ahead of the competition?
We are seeking a Marketing Analytics Manager who has the analytical skills and business knowledge to support our performance marketing channels and is looking to join a fast-growing world class team dedicated to providing the highest quality data driven insights.
- Lead analysis of current marketing campaigns, focused on developing the capability to translate data into actionable insights that will improve campaign performance.
- Provide timely insights and analytical support to different internal stakeholders to support effective business decision-making.
- Manage the Senior Analyst in Marketing, working with them to prioritize and optimize approach to business problems and analytical solutions.
- Proactively seek out opportunities hidden in our or industry data. Articulate your findings into suggested actions for the performance marketing and/or other teams.
- Identify key success indicators and determine best practices for measurement and reporting. Own and automate reporting tools.
- Assist with ad hoc queries and provide analytical support to our fast-growing business as it evolves.
- Be the go to person for marketing insights, be closer to the data that anyone else in the company.
- Provide a vital link in the strategy - execution - analysis chain to ensure we move quickly and stay ahead.
- Lead on the measurement of testing analysis to provide insights of true business impact, using deep dive to understand the results
What we are looking for?
- 7+ years in an analytical role, ideally with experience in an international matrix environment, ideally at a fast paced e-commerce company.
- The ability to build, develop and mentor a small team.
- Top performer with a proven track record of success.
- A healthy passion for data and its ability to tell a story.
- Statistical mindset with experience in testing methodology.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to turn large data sets into well articulated arguments for change.
- Unwavering attention to detail.
- You live in Excel, a SQL client, Tableau (or similar visualisation tool),
- Knowledge of one of Statistics, AB Testing or Python is preferred
- Ability to work with large dataset and summarize findings in a clear format
- Proactive not reactive, with ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take in loose requirements, ask smart questions, and produce high quality actionable insights.
- Confident with learning new tools, technologies, and methodologies.
- Ability to work at all levels including senior management; and across multiple functions/departments.
- A start-up mentality, roll your sleeves up and get things done.
- A mobile first approach with a keen eye for new acquisition opportunities.