Who we are:
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
TripAdvisor is the world’s largest online travel site, visited by 390 million travellers each month, and our business – Viator – is a fascinating and ever-evolving part of the organisation.
What we do in Data Science:
At Viator, the only thing we love more than travel is data. We slice it, we dice it, and we use it to empower our decision making. In fact, most would be surprised at just how many people in our office can write their own SQL queries.
The Experiences Analytics Team is seeking a Senior Analyst who has the analytical skills and business experience to support numerous end users from an analytics and measurement perspective, driving out insight to influence valuable change, and is looking to join a fast-growing all-star team dedicated to providing the highest quality data driven insights.
This role is available to hire in both our Oxford & London offices
What you’ll do:
Do you enjoy turning complex data sets into insights and actions?...
We are seeking a Marketing Data Analyst to join the most exciting pillar of an iconic travel brand, working as part of a world class Performance Marketing team. You will be an active member of an industry leading cross disciplinary team of engineers, data scientists, and analysts operating one of the best traveller acquisition engines in the industry. We pride ourselves on a data led approach and aim to scale and automate wherever possible.
- Data Driven Decisions - Take a strong role in the delivery of accurate, timely and insightful analytics, to drive forward the decisions within the Marketing Team, to ensure we are improving efficiency through data led decisions.
- Contribute to analysis of current marketing campaigns, focused on developing the capability to translate data into actionable insights that will improve campaign performance.
- Work with key stakeholders to answer the questions they have through relevant analysis.
- Play a leading role in projects from inception through to completion.
- Proactively seek out opportunities hidden in our or industry data. Articulate your findings into suggested actions for the performance marketing and/or other teams.
- Assist the CRM, SEO, SEM, Display, Social Media and Testing & Innovation teams with ad hoc queries and provide analytical support to our fast-growing business as it evolves.
- In a fast moving environment, you will enjoy and have passion for learning new tools or techniques to enhance the approach to analytics.
- Take in loose requirements, work independently, ask smart questions, and produce high quality actionable insights
- Create Recommendations, action focused, to ensure insight drives decisions.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical role, ideally at a fast paced e-commerce company.
- Experience of working in a marketing analytics environment
- You live in Excel, a SQL client, Tableau (or similar visualisation tool),
- Knowledge of one of Statistics, AB Testing or Python is preferred
- Ability to work with large dataset and summarize findings in a clear format
- A love of problem solving.
- Unwavering attention to detail.
- Ability to turn large data sets into well-articulated arguments for change.
- Proactive not reactive, with ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Confident with learning new tools, technologies, and methodologies.
- A start-up mentality, roll your sleeves up and get things done.
- Comfortable with change, things move quickly - so do