TheFork (formerly Restorando), part of TripAdvisor Media Group since May 2014, is the leading European and LATAM restaurant booking platform with presence in 20 markets, more than 80.000 restaurants. Our vision is to become the #1 restaurant app for diners.
We are looking for Software Engineers ready to change an industry and join our Engineering Team in Buenos Aires. We have many challenges that need to be solved with highly performant solutions, addressing beautiful interfaces without being troubled by the scalability of the platform itself.
Our stack is mostly in Node both on the backend and frontend, and we work with React for our interfaces and GraphQL as API. Our Mobile Apps are made with Swift and Kotlin. Our infrastructure is based on a horizontally scalable architecture to serve our customers in more than 20 countries. Our engineers take great pride in their code, and pay close attention to the pull requests you will submit.
Why join us?
Are you passionate about technology and comfortable with an international and agile environment? Are you ready for the challenge of a SaaS service that provides several thousands of customers and B2C interfaces for millions of users? Are you ready to invest in a company whose entire service is present in a dozen countries and is subject to heavy use to accompany rapid growth?
You will join a dynamic and agile team in a quickly changing environment. You will be involved in an international organization that empowers its employees and that values sharing and development of each of them.
In this context, we are looking for an Android developer with a strong interest in mobile ecosystem:
- You will contribute in the design and technical conception of the solutions with your team.
- You will take part in the implementation of the new features of our products.
- Passionate about software development.
- Experience working on Android development (2 years minimum).
- Experience working with Kotlin & Java.
- Ability to think of the customer and the business in order to solve problems and get stuff done.
- Familiarity with Android design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- You are comfortable with using RxJava, Clean Architecture principles.
- You are enthusiastic, proactive, and stimulated by teamwork
- Applies progressive enhancement philosophy.
- Proficient English level.
Nice to have
- Ability to make independent decisions based on product requirements.
- Testing skills (Unit tests, integration tests).
- Ability to manage complexity in a large project, and incur technical debt only after considering the tradeoffs.
- Experience consuming REST APIs and GraphQL APIs.
- Chance to make an enormous impact in a rapidly growing Tech Company
- TripAdvisor stocks
- 3 weeks vacation
- OSDE Medical Coverage
- Flexible working policy
- 15% discount on Viator (offers tickets for tours and activities)
- Wellness / Fitness reimbursement + Gym Discounts
- Udemy for Business (Full access to the E-learning Platform)
- Hertz’s Gold Plus Reward membership
- Office Food (coffee, milk, cookies, cereal, etc)*
- Happy fridays on the office*
- Fun times: Team buildings and day out to have fun with your team
* Outside COVID context