We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We believe in championing the diverse perspectives, experiences, voices, and abilities of our employees, travelers, candidates, business partners, and industry peers. This inspires us to think bigger, act more fearlessly, improve constantly, and always remember – we are better together.
Tripadvisor is the world’s largest information platform for travel. More than 400 million travelers around the globe come to our site and apps each month to discover and book the best things to do, places to eat, and accommodations. Our Salesforce implementation serves as the foundation for our global Sales and Customer Support teams to efficiently and effectively move the business forward.
Tripadvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. We have a friendly environment where the key objective is getting things done without sacrificing quality. Our engineers are part of the full process from design, to code, to test, to deployment and back again for further iteration. We are looking for a Technical Manager to lead a team of Salesforce Engineers from our global HQ in Needham, MA.
In this role you will manage a single small to medium-sized team (~4-8 engineers). You will be responsible for administering an agile process to manage your team’s work. You will encourage iteration and breaking down complex projects into smaller discrete parts. You will champion software engineering best practices and coach your tech leads and individual contributors on how they can improve their craft and ultimately their career. As a seasoned engineering leader, you are capable of stepping into the shoes of a technical lead, comfortable discussing design and architecture tradeoffs. You will contribute code when time and necessity permits. You will foster a productive, collaborative, and results-driven culture on your team.
What we’re looking for
- You have a BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- You bring 5-7 years of experience as a Software Engineer on the Salesforce platform, including 1-2 years as a manager of Software Engineers
- You have been successful in hiring, mentoring, and growing engineers
- Strong knowledge of the Salesforce platform’s declarative and programmatic capabilities. Familiar with Salesforce design patterns and best practices.
- Solid understanding of Salesforce-specific development complexities, including governor and rolling limits, order of execution and version control integration.
- Experience with both the Classic and Lightning platforms; knowledge of the different capabilities and requirements of both platforms.
- You have consistently exceeded expectations throughout your career, and you can describe specific activities and projects that demonstrate this behaviour.
What you’ll do
- Lead an engineering team as part of a larger organization
- Champion effective Agile development processes
- Mentor software engineers to help them develop their software design and development skills
- Track industry trends yet be pragmatic when introducing new technology
- Drive the team to deliver on key projects including Lightning migration, Tripadvisor Plus product offering, and transforming legacy point solutions into platform solutions
- Show leadership as a hands-on developer throughout the Salesforce stack
- Show a sense of ownership and pride in your role as a leader and make us believe you will excel
- Manage a team towards long-term goals while delivering new capabilities daily
- Work with everyone from engineers to product owners to C-level executives to help communicate, prioritize, influence and inform key product decisions
What you’ll get
- Highly competitive salary along with the following
- Annual bonus
- Excellent contributory pension
- Full family private medical cover
- Full dental cover
- Annual wellbeing allowance (e.g. gym membership)
- Personal travel reimbursement
- Critical illness plus full life cover.