We are looking for a Senior JS Software Engineer ready to change an industry and join our Engineering Team in Paris or Nantes.
TheFork, a TripAdvisor® Company, is the leading online restaurants reservation platform in Europe, Australia and Latin America, with a network of more than 80k restaurants worldwide, more than 30.5 million monthly visits and present in 22+ countries around the globe.
TheFork connects restaurants and diners.
Through TheFork (website and application), as well as through TripAdvisor, users can easily select a restaurant according to preference criteria (such as the localisation, type of cuisine, restaurant type and average price), consult user reviews, check real-time availability and instantly book online.
From the restaurants side, TheFork provides them with a software solution, TheFork Manager, which enables restaurants to optimize reservations management, streamline operations and ultimately improve service and revenues.
TheFork team aims to inspire and enable people to confidently discover, experience and share food. We operate under a shared set of values that define how we do business and how we interact with our colleagues, our partners, our customers and our food community. We strongly believe that building a diverse workforce of people from all walks of life helps us have a richer, more vibrant, more successful workplace.
Why joining us?
You are passionate about technology and comfortable with an international and agile environment? You're ready for the challenge of a SaaS solution that provides several thousands of customers and B2C interfaces for millions of users? Are you ready to invest in a company whose entire service is present in a dozen countries and is subject to heavy use to accompany rapid growth? You want to build reliable back-end and scalable services to power the leader of booking online restaurants?
You will join a dynamic and agile team in a quickly changing environment. You will be involved in an international organisation that empowers its employees and that values sharing and development of each of them.
In this context, we are looking for a Senior full stack JS Developer (NodeJS/ReactJS) with experience on a high traffic website, you will:
- contribute to design features with your team (from the database schema to the HTML integration)
- take part in the implementation of the new features of our products from backend to frontend,
- Provide the best experience to our end-users to find and book the best restaurants
- Improve SEO performances
- Build modern and performant internal tools
What technologies are we using?
Our stack is mostly in Node both on the backend and frontend, and we work with React for our interfaces and GraphQL as API.
- Our front-end solutions are built upon ReactJS, Redux, LESS/SASS, Grunt and Webpack, ES6, respecting BEM methodology over material design style guides,
- Our back-end technical stack relies mainly on NodeJS and PHP /Symfony. We also use relational databases (MySQL and PostgreSQL), memcache, RabbitMQ,
- Our architecture is micro-service oriented with GraphQl API,
- Our websites and servers are monitored with New Relic and ad hoc probes for specific needs,
- We monitor applications through ELK,
- We are using unit, functional and integration testing to have quality proof software,
- We are well advanced in the process of migrating to Kubernetes and AWS for orchestration and hosting,
- We use JIRA and Confluence,
- We are using capistrano, jenkins, docker, chef, vagrant to setup our continuous integration system,
- Our infrastructure is based on a scalable horizontal architecture to serve our customers in 12 countries.
Our engineers take great pride in their code, and pay close attention to the pull requests you will submit.
Who you are:
- You are experienced with NodeJS,
- You are at least a three-year experienced person working on backend software using frameworks building and consuming APIs,
- Have experience with ReactJS,
- You are an expert in native JS,
- You care about security, quality and performance,
- Applies progressive enhancement philosophy,
- You are enthusiastic, proactive, and stimulated by working as a team,
- You are comfortable writing and speaking in english.
Nice to have
- Knowledge about Typescript & GraphQL APIs
- Experience with PHP/Symfony
- Ability to manage complexity in a large project
- Experience working with remote teams
- You have a good knowledge of the concepts and technologies of relational database, SQL, query optimization, etc.,
- Notions in responsive programming is a plus.