We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.

Tripadvisor is seeking a motivated and engaged Senior Director of Product Design. We are looking for an experienced design leader who leads with passion, clarity and energy. In this role you will drive the future of Tripadvisor design and shape how users travel and take trips. You will work to create a cohesive and inclusive experience for Tripadvisor’s global users and have a direct impact on the design culture of the organization. You will manage a dynamic team of designers across different products and travel verticals. Your work will touch millions of people around the globe.

What you’ll be doing: 

• Lead the Product Design practice at Tripadvisor

• Define, and communicate short and long-term design strategies

• Lead multidisciplinary teams through the definition, design and delivery of multiple projects.

• Partner with creative and brand teams to ensure strong visual design and consistent brand expression across products

• Partner with engineering and product management to set product strategy

• Balance product, business, and user-centered goals to ship products users love

• Advocate for travelers and for design with cross-business stakeholders

• Communicate research-backed insights concepts, and designs to a variety of audiences

• Work with design leads on planning, staffing, budgeting, managing priorities

• Set best practices and standards related to UX/UI across products and features

• Provide guidance, coaching and mentorship to members of the design team

You have: 

• 5+ years experience managing design teams 

• 10+ years’ experience in consumer focused tech or media companies, content heavy platforms preferred

• Expert knowledge of user research, UX and product design methods and practices

• The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment

• A track record of great collaboration with creative, product, and marketing teams 

• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills

• Examples of killer, digital product work

• Experience working closely with designers to help them set and achieve satisfying career goals

• Portfolio required 

#LI-KRI

Apply for this Job

* Required

Demographics

Individuals seeking employment at Tripadvisor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected by law. Tripadvisor is committed to creating an inclusive culture. If you choose to share this information, it will allow us to track the effectiveness of our recruiting efforts and to monitor the diversity of our applicant pool for all roles and levels.

Please consider answering the following voluntary questions. Completion is entirely voluntary. Should you choose to answer any of the questions, your answers will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter, and any information you do provide will be stored confidentially and securely and only used for the above purposes.

My gender at birth was

My gender identity is

My sexual orientation is

I identify as

My military status is