TripAdvisor, the world’s largest and most trusted travel media site, is seeking a Software Engineer to join our China team. As a Software Engineer, you’ll be a key member of the Platform team whose primary responsibilities include day-to-day site operations, performance tuning, capacity planning, and site scalability for TripAdvisor's China website – www.tripadvisor.cn.
The qualified individual will work at the center of a world-class engineering team to help improve how we develop a high performance, massively scalable and successful website. Help design and implement the systems and processes that will allow our development team to scale. We are looking for engineers who can see the big picture, are passionate about continuous integration, and love creating a world-class development environment.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field, with 5+ years experience
- Fluency in Chinese (Mandarin) and English
- Expert knowledge of Linux
- Advanced knowledge of network communications protocols and network engineering concepts and troubleshooting commands and tools
- Deep understanding of at least one relational database flavor, operational experience with Postgres at scale is strongly preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Web Server technologies in Apache, Tomcat and Nginx
- Solid experiences with Java
- Strong experience with at least one scripting language (such as Perl, Ruby or Python)
- Experience with Hadoop
- Experience tuning, optimizing, and scaling large web sites
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms