TheFork, part of TripAdvisor group company, is the leading online restaurants reservation platform in Europe, Australia and Latin America. We are an innovative and fast-growing company building a unique community of members to transform the way people go to restaurants. Our goal is to become the #1 app for restaurant online booking in the world.
We are looking for an Associate Director to lead our Development Experience team a.k.a Platform. Platform team enables developers to succeed in their mission with efficiency, quality, performance and low risk. It is also responsible for building consumer-facing components that are used across all our products (authentication, messaging, API). The team’s main customers are engineers, building at scale: web and native applications, backend services, internal tools…
About the role
Your mission is to make the software development experience at TheFork enjoyable, fast, simple and reliable.
- Lead a team of Product Managers, coach them and make sure they build first-in-class capabilities that empower our engineers.
- Create strong partnerships with TheFork engineers, to understand their needs, hurdles and expectations.
- Develop product roadmap that solve engineering team’s problems and convey your vision of successful engineering teams
- Define the metrics that will measure success of our products, and make sure they are reliable and monitored
- Drive the execution of both consumer-facing and internal products
You will be part of TheFork product team and report to the Chief Product Officer, who is a member of the Executive Committee.
Who you are
- Passionate for the craft of software engineering
- 8+ years experience, as an engineer and ideally also as a product manager
- Experience in leading development teams
- Good knowledge of developer tools and components
- Have defined a vision and a bold roadmap for a technical product
- Able to navigate between big, strategic bets, and shorter term goals, between vision and tactical choices
- Are able to leverage market research and usability studies into your requirements
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. You are able to establish strong relationships with other groups in the organization.
- Fluent in English, comfortable in French or Spanish or Italian
The position is based in Paris, France, with regular interactions with other countries. We are also open to candidates in other locations or working remotely with the possibility to travel to Paris on a regular basis.