Partner Connectivity Engineer- Dublin
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Tripadvisor is looking for a software engineer to take this exciting opportunity to join our fast-moving partner connectivity group in the B2B organization. In this role, you will help us build, upgrade, and sustain successful connectivity between the world’s largest and most trusted travel site, visited by over 500 million travelers each month, and the world’s leading travel brands, from large OTAs to independent boutique chains. These true web-scale connections between Tripadvisor and our partners provide Tripadvisor’s travelers with the information they need for the best guidance on their considered trips and dream vacations.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a broad set of web platform skills including confident knowledge of integration using APIs and similar technologies used for system to system integration over the web. The candidate will demonstrate solid experience in coding for scale and have a passionate interest in producing high quality code quickly (speed wins!).
- Design and develop simple solutions for complex connectivity challenges.
- Adapt to complex projects, including working closely with cross-functional teams consisting of technical and business stakeholders, and deliver quality code on time.
- Analyse, investigate, and trouble-shoot API integration/interoperability features and issues.
- Continually improve efficiency by contributing to team development of automated tools.
- Improve and add to system documentation for customers who interoperate with our APIs.
- Rotating on-call duty for network connectivity support.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- Excellent problem-solving ability with effective debugging of complex systems
- Proficiency with 3+ years’ experience of programming Java
- Adept on the Linux platform and its standard utilities
- Ability to construct complex SQL queries
- Solid understanding of HTTP and other internet protocols
- Able to quickly develop scripts in Perl/Python/Bash and others
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.