Tripadvisor is the world’s largest information platform for travel. More than 400 million travelers around the globe come to our site and apps each month to discover and book the best things to do, places to eat, and accommodations. We are looking for a highly motivated Product Manager to join on our Data Products team in our mission to create deep engagement with travelers as they plan their trip. The Data Platform team drives products like Search & Recommendations, and our Product Catalog Knowledge Graph
Ideal candidates for this role will have a technical aptitude, a desire to identify, measure, and solve user pain points with creative solutions, and an unrelenting enthusiasm for implementing user-focused features that drive customer loyalty and bottom line growth. You should have experience working closely and independently with data scientists, engineers, designers, researchers, and stakeholders to bring ideas to life. You are an innovator who understands how to drive concepts from requirements to implementation to measurement and rollout.
The Product Manager will be located in our Needham, MA office. As a part of the team, you’ll be surrounded by talented, passionate, and fun folks who are all eagerly working together to create a delightful and assistive experience for all types of travelers.
What you’ll do:
- Lead product development initiatives with data science, engineering and design teams for the entire product development lifecycle.
- Lead cross-functional teams, serving as product and part project manager, to define product specifications, establish milestones, and direct the development, implementation, and evolution of new features.
- Develop written requirements and define success metrics and associated use-cases for new projects, shepherding projects from ideation to test results analysis and iteration
- Continuously propose new A/B tests to delight travelers and improve conversion
- Research, troubleshoot, diagnose, and recommend solutions to increasingly complex business or technical problems.
- Assist in prioritizing enhancements and bug fixes, while identifying thematic issues that can be solved with technology improvements
- Monitor key conversion metrics and A/B tests to support continual optimization of the product and business plan.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of internet product management experience, preferably in data science and web platform products.
- Strong understanding of technical web platforms and data science techniques.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills are essential; happy spending much of the day away from your desk connecting with team members in different functional areas.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and decision making skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate effective action plans to resolve issues.
- Proficient SQL knowledge to pull data independently.
- Flexible and open to change and new information; is first to understand when team behaviors and work methods need to adapt to new information.
- Goal orientation and demonstrated record of success in previous endeavors; motivated to deliver exceptional results, driven by a strong work ethic
- A/B testing experience preferred
- BS/BA required